eGo realism server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawwwwr

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
376
I think it would be cool if we setup a realism server with regular map rotations

Extra blood, now pours out!
Fade to black when you die
Blood splatter when you die on the screen
For the Machine Gunners and Rocket classes, they are wieghted down. So they can not move as fast nor jump as high.
Pistols for every class
Drop your weapon when you get hurt in the arm
Head shot known
When you are geting shot your aim is thrown off and blood splats on the screen
A medic Mod, bandage yourself when Health gets below 20 hp, also included is a bandage sound.
Round Time, tells everyone how long round took to win.

What do you guys think?
 
Can even be as basic as just a rotation server. I have been thinkin about how cool this would be for a while now. If it was friendly fire that would be great.

Oh yea, in conclusion....THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!
 
Last edited:
I doubt they are doing a rotation server. They realism though might be nice. Can we get some screens of how it looks or how do you do this?
 
This has been discussed countless times in the past, and was previous rejected for a multitude of reasons... many of which I can speak to from personal experience. I ran a custom rotation server, that had fade to black and friendly fire, for eGO a little over a year ago. Many of you remember me from that role.

And while many of us had a great time with it, the server was not successful with eGO. The server was rarely, if ever, populated. It was unfortunate, but the vast majority of eGO DoD players have taken a liking to one or two maps, and only play those maps... all the time. Thus, they refused to frequent the rotation server. The server was taken down after approximately 1 year of negative results.

So essentially.... nice idea in theory, but not going to happen.
 
well its fun, but remember the young users that do. play so extra blood ingame and it is just not something fun to play all the time.
 
that would be awesome, I used to be in the 5th Ranger Battalion Clan and they had the basic training and realism play mod, that was really fun. Realism is always a good gaming mod.
 
Well we can take off more blood so that would work for younger users as well, and maybe instead of rotation server we can do map of the week and switch it, in any case if there is interest I could setup a server that we could test out and try out, I played on couple of realism servers and I have to say its pretty fun
 
If you setup a server, you cannot have the eGO name on it, nor advertise it on these forums in any way. eGO does not permit others to setup servers that are not managed, maintained, and entirely setup and run by the council.
 
I think it would be cool if we setup a realism server with regular map rotations

Extra blood, now pours out!
Fade to black when you die
Blood splatter when you die on the screen
For the Machine Gunners and Rocket classes, they are wieghted down. So they can not move as fast nor jump as high.
Pistols for every class
Drop your weapon when you get hurt in the arm
Head shot known
When you are geting shot your aim is thrown off and blood splats on the screen
A medic Mod, bandage yourself when Health gets below 20 hp, also included is a bandage sound.
Round Time, tells everyone how long round took to win.

What do you guys think?

I'd like to quote that I was in a Realism Clan,
I was their accountent.
Realism servers (24/7 Map) cost about US$10.00 per month.
Realism Server (Rotation Server) cost about US$15.00 per month. I think

Anyways I think it's kinda a good idea

Peace
 
10 Dollars a month? 15 dollars a month? In your wildest dreams.

First of all, server costs are not determined by whether or not they run a rotation, they are determined based on whether or not the server is public, or private (passworded).

Secondly, those costs as absurd. For a 32 slot public server, you'd be looking at anywhere from 40 (cheaper) to 65 dollars a month.... more for a higher speed or 100 tick server.
 
10 Dollars a month? 15 dollars a month? In your wildest dreams.

First of all, server costs are not determined by whether or not they run a rotation, they are determined based on whether or not the server is public, or private (passworded).

Secondly, those costs as absurd. For a 32 slot public server, you'd be looking at anywhere from 40 (cheaper) to 65 dollars a month.... more for a higher speed or 100 tick server.

Ah yea depending on that,.
I forgot to mension that lol :P
 
a server is like $60 a month... what!!!! i can afford 2!! Wow i can have my own server!! that would be cool!
 
Yeah although I would love to play with eGO people on a realism server, I can understand how it could be a waste of resources. Being a public server team kills would be a lot more frequent and if it was locked down then it'd most likely be dead a lot.

VizierKane donate to eGO! If the budget is taken care of frequently then council should have more room to play around with new servers maybe.
 
Yeah although I would love to play with eGO people on a realism server, I can understand how it could be a waste of resources. Being a public server team kills would be a lot more frequent and if it was locked down then it'd most likely be dead a lot.

VizierKane donate to eGO! If the budget is taken care of frequently then council should have more room to play around with new servers maybe.

I could not agree more!! I would not know what to do with a server to my self!! donating seems like a better idea!! just because you said it ill donate a $10!! ill make it a frequent thing!!! lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top