Uber FPS Drop

Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
495
Ok I have tried everything to solve the following issue. My normal FPS runs 150 to 90. Recently when I have been leaving spawn and most frustrating when initiating a fire fight my FPS drops to single digits 7-9.

The question is as follows:

1> Have you seen this before.

2> what can I do to fix it.

3> What information do you need from me to help.
 
thats what im thinking. once the game gets more intense the card starts working harder.
 
What processor do you have? Steam games depend greatly on the processor. I have a Radeon HD 4670 1GB card with an entry-level dual core processor, and I get 30 FPS with everything low.
 
most likely the card is goin bad or overheating, check to see if your video card fan is running or not. i average (150-350) fps on low settings :P
 
ATI Radeon M76 (Its a lap top)

64x2 Turion (sp)

2.0 ghz.

I ran srt test and the omly thing that failed was that the CPU is pushing 1.68 gig.

I ran aquamark and the score was 9573 total. I also loaded Riva tuner but I dont know how to use it. Then I tried core center but it says I do not have monitoring hardware. I have no idea what the temps are.
 
You might have gotten a virus or some spyware. Read the sticky and see if that helps. Also, you can try turning the settings down all the way to see if that helps. Lastly, try defraging your hard drive. It might not be any of those, but all those might help a little.
 
Are you having this problem in EVERY server you go into, or just one specific server?

When you say "recently," what did you change on your computer before your FPS started dropping? I doubt for some mystical reason your computer randomly started having FPS drops. If for some reason it did randomly start having problems, I'd say its your video card.
 
like mr cool said, if you're having a spyware issue, it will steal cycles from your cpu (running in the background) and cause problems in a cpu-intense game...
 
Can u get the model of the laptop..? many laptops especially ones that run with a centrino and turion processor arent really designed for gaming..i had a bad experience with an acer one that had crappiest cooling design ever..
 
Ok I have tried everything to solve the following issue. My normal FPS runs 150 to 90. Recently when I have been leaving spawn and most frustrating when initiating a fire fight my FPS drops to single digits 7-9.

The question is as follows:

1> Have you seen this before.

2> what can I do to fix it.

3> What information do you need from me to help.

> DL and run CrapCleaner.exe (run cleaner and registry check in it) http://www.piriform.com/
> DL and run MalwareByte's Scanner http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5756
>check your card's settings > did you update the driver? if so, roll back and see what happens

p.s. DrWeb is the best - try it http://www.freedrweb.com/ might find something
 

Latest posts

Back
Top