- Joined
- Sep 28, 2008
- Messages
- 1,610
Well, I won one of these raffles when I purchased the greatest T-Shirt and Hoodie from =(eGO)=. Got to wore the T-Shirt two times before winter set in and I'm still wearing the Hoodie now and it's so warm and soft. Truly Awesome! Glad there all gone. Makes mine a collectors item. LOL! But, feel bad that others didn't get a chance to get one.
Anyways, I'm still in the market for a Laptop and will try real hard to win the one the clans giving away. Anyways, I opened my router and set it up on my home connection. Small little sucker! Very thin and light! I had to go to Radio Shack to purchase a universal plug to work with my houses outlet.
So, I installed the software on my little cousins laptop computer and tested it out. It worked great. She lives a little over 3/4 of a mile away and the terrain is real hilly and deep woods. I was able to access my computer from her house and use my connection to play youtube videos from my connection.
It has an incredible distance to it. I was truly amazed. My cousin has a cheap Link-sys router which I compared to my D-Link and hooked up her router to my connection and tried to access my computer again from her house. Didn't work too good. A lot of dropped bandwidth. Did work good up to almost a 1/4 mile but beyond that, it started to fail. So she went out to purchase a new router. It was the identical router that I had. The DIR-655. She's not a gamer and uses it for work and streaming video like me. She was so amazed and so was I. So I boxed it up and will wait until I get around to get a laptop to use it again.
Good job D-Link, your product rocks! Blazing fast and very easy to setup. So easy that a caveman can set it up. "Blindfolded"! LOL!
Peace and all of you have a blessed year.
Anyways, I'm still in the market for a Laptop and will try real hard to win the one the clans giving away. Anyways, I opened my router and set it up on my home connection. Small little sucker! Very thin and light! I had to go to Radio Shack to purchase a universal plug to work with my houses outlet.
So, I installed the software on my little cousins laptop computer and tested it out. It worked great. She lives a little over 3/4 of a mile away and the terrain is real hilly and deep woods. I was able to access my computer from her house and use my connection to play youtube videos from my connection.
It has an incredible distance to it. I was truly amazed. My cousin has a cheap Link-sys router which I compared to my D-Link and hooked up her router to my connection and tried to access my computer again from her house. Didn't work too good. A lot of dropped bandwidth. Did work good up to almost a 1/4 mile but beyond that, it started to fail. So she went out to purchase a new router. It was the identical router that I had. The DIR-655. She's not a gamer and uses it for work and streaming video like me. She was so amazed and so was I. So I boxed it up and will wait until I get around to get a laptop to use it again.
Good job D-Link, your product rocks! Blazing fast and very easy to setup. So easy that a caveman can set it up. "Blindfolded"! LOL!
Peace and all of you have a blessed year.



