Power Supply Fan

chaosassualt

Famous
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
576
My dad is really bothered that my power supplies fan is on the bottom and not on the right blowing out and i think its fan is going down but my dad is the one buying my parts so it is ok for the fan to be pointing down inside the computer?
 
Well, which way is the air flowing? My power supply has a big 120mm fan that is on the bottom of the power supply. It draws air from the case into the PSU and exhausts it out the back.

---EDIT---
Actually, I don't think I've ever heard of a PSU that exhausts down into the case, so yeah, you're fine.
 
See all the opening on the back where u plug in the power cord? That is where the air comes OUT. The fan draws out FROM the case not INTO the case.
Don't worry about it, all PSU are the same that way.
 
The fan is supposed to take air from the case and inject it into the PSU. You need to cool the PSU :D

~Gooda~
 
yeah as mentioned above the fans just draw in cool air from the case to cool the PSU then force it out the back vent..no worried its perfectly fine as is..just make sure ur getting sufficent cooling in the case..i seen some homemade gaming rigs that installed the cooling fans improperly and causes hot air to be trapped in the case..gg gaming rig
 
Lol I'm so lazy I never even bought any case fans so I don't even have the side cover of the case on.
Downside to that is I have to go in with a can of Dust Off every week or so to clean out the excess dust that gets in there, :P
 
Back
Top