Laptop won't boot

Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
208
Alright, I'm running windows 7 on my laptop and i recently had a wireless mouse plugged in (usb thing). It didn't like it and wouldn't boot correctly so i took it out. I then was able to boot fine, however now it wont boot at all. It goes to the screen where i can choose setup or system recovery then it just goes black and after a while comes up with an error. The error basically says that its a problem with a device connected. It is an I/O problem, so i think that it thinks the mouse should still be plugged in or something and so won't boot. I've tried plugging it in and booting in both ports but nothing worked. Please help ;-):eek:
 
I have found with windows 7 that whenever it gives me that page where it gives you the option to do system recovery type boot or to start normally, I always just click to start normally. Whenever I try to do the fancy system recovery one i always get problems.

Not sure if that helps you or not.....
 
head into the system BIOS and see if it has anything regarding the USB ports. you may be able to manually disconnect or disable one of the ports that way.
 
BIOS is accessible outside the OS. depending on the laptop it is usually pressing F2, F8, or F12 before the OS loads (the black splash screen right when you turn it on). it may be labeled as "setup".
 
That is a very weird problem but go with the advice posted up check BIOS out but its quite weird that USB would stop your laptop from booting up correctly.
 
for some laptops to access bios hit f8 once every second after the start screen passes. or hit f2. depends on the laptop
 

Latest posts

Back
Top