Extreme lag in Cod4

blackhawksniper

EGO Is My Life!
=(e)=
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
6,861
I am getting spasms of extreme lag in Cod4 when I play online. If I host a game on a lan, I dont get any lag. But whenever I play online, I get random spurts of massive lag, even if the server says I have 50 ping. On the eGO servers, it shows my ping and everyone elses ping at 999, but in the server browser, it says 60-70. I only get this lag in Cod4, any suggestions?
 
the fact that it only happens on internet-based connections and that it's short spasms of extreme lag leads me to believe that your connection gets interrupted momentarily and then picks up again rather than any hardware/network error. Since it doesn't happen in any other game, i'd say that there's an error in either your firewall's/modem's/router's network configuration as far as CoD is concerned, or a corruption in your CoD networking files.
Check that your modem/router/firewall is allowing CoD to go through, and as a last resort try re-installing CoD, cause the corrupted file case seems more likely to me. Make sure you've backed up your profile before you reinstall!!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top