Clever title aside, my question does deal with these two protocols. I know that HDMI includes sound, and DVI does not. I'm getting a new video card (Radeon 2g 4870 X2) with a DVI output, but no HDMI. My monitor, brand spanking new 23" wide screen HD model, has inputs for DVI, HDMI, and VGA. I know I can get DVI to HDMI converters, so if I wanted to do HDMI I could (I'd have to do sound separately, but I intend to anyway). Would quality be reduced to DVI level (if there is even a quality difference, I don't know) if I did this? Or would it essentially be HDMI?
Second part of the question: Do you notice a video quality improvement in windows or in a game like TF2? Those of you with HD monitors, what do you view in HD besides stuff like youtube or bluray movies or other downloadable HD content? Any games or anything else that really supports it or anything like that? I dunno, kind of an HD noob.
Any other thoughts/inputs would be appreciated.
Second part of the question: Do you notice a video quality improvement in windows or in a game like TF2? Those of you with HD monitors, what do you view in HD besides stuff like youtube or bluray movies or other downloadable HD content? Any games or anything else that really supports it or anything like that? I dunno, kind of an HD noob.
Any other thoughts/inputs would be appreciated.
Last edited:
















I dunno about yours.
