Avast or AVG?

I agree with you Blue Stealth. I had AVG prior to Avast. I thought AVG was pretty good until somebody recommended Avast to me. I tried Avast out & have been using it every since.
Why? because it found a few things that AVG didn't.
 
Haha, sorry for doing this...
Use a Mac - no viruses. Why? Because who would want to screw up a Mac anymore than it already is lulz.

Also, haven't you seen the news post about Mac gamers? It was so awesome I switched right there.

(Just kidding, I'm an avast user)
 
With an open mind I try different virus progs but find I seem always to drift back using AVG. I had found that Norton was not always the most resource friendly for gaming.. So far, AVG has been solid for me.

I am more concerned with spyware/malware etc.. these days compared to whatever viruses are floating around.
 
I used to use norton, but now, I wouldn't switch away from Comodo if the others paid me... It is a computer security/firewall/anti-Virus all in one... when you first set it up it has to be trained, but after that, it is amazing, and it alerts you if something tries installing to your computer... very shiny
 
Avast or AVG

Im looking to get rid of Norton Anitivirus, and it seems these two are the best free choices. What does everybody prefer? Also which one plays best with Steam?

I use AVG on my laptop and Avast! on my desktop. Both have worked fine for me. I started with Avast several years ago and have been satisfied with the performance of it. I had only one occasion that the virus update notification dropped me to desktop during play (Windows XP, 2yrs ago). With current install and use, I will get a flicker in the lower right of screen and audio notification with no interrupt.

Hatt
 
Avast 97,3% <
Avira AntiVir 99,2% < detection rates
AVG 94,3% <

although avast is super annoying so... don't get it.
 
Im looking to get rid of Norton Anitivirus, and it seems these two are the best free choices. What does everybody prefer? Also which one plays best with Steam?

I have had no experience with Avast but I've had tons of experience with AVG and I tell u this
- it discovers only about 50-60% of infections
- it slows any pc way down

there are better choices! for a free firewall get ZoneAlarm, for a very good free passive antivirus get DrWeb.

I myself use NOD32 smart security. proactive firewall and great (over 90%) discovery rate. NOT free.
 
Haha, sorry for doing this...
Use a Mac - no viruses. Why? Because who would want to screw up a Mac anymore than it already is lulz.

Also, haven't you seen the news post about Mac gamers? It was so awesome I switched right there.

(Just kidding, I'm an avast user)

um nooooo.... what is the news about MAC gamers, mind me asking?
and do games have to be programmed to work with MAC specifically or can any game work with it?
 
I use AVG and it works well. Scans web pages before I enter and scans all downloaded files. (Even programs) And asks me if I want to remove the viruses.
 
I've not used Avast for years, but it used to be super annoying. AVG is only, but with AVG 8 it's getting slower. Though it's not free, I strongly strongly suggest buying Sunbelt VIPRE. It's ridiculously fast, and the resident agent uses barely any CPU/memory. Not bad on detection either, and getting better all the time.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top