Cpu fan space problem

chaosassualt

Famous
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
576
Definitely remove the case fan. Also I would like to suggest getting a pair of tin snips and take out the grate on the back fan exit. It will allow more air to get removed from your case and who cares what the back looks like. The cooler the inside of your case is, the longer the life of your components. When you game, the temps get up there. Plus get the best fans you can afford. Look at the highest flowing with least amount of noise. I just buy a large case with alot of fans like the Antec 1200. My comp is a beast and the air that flows through it keeps the temps down. I have my system OC'd to 3g on a 9950BE only using air.
 
It looks like the side case fan is an 80x80x25mm (1" thick). It is probably an intake fan, which means it takes cool fresh air from outside the case and brings it in. You can make do without it and make do with suction, but it is desireable to have for OC'ing.

They make slim-design case fans that may fit with your CPU fan. Check your clearance and see what you can find, but they may be noisy.
 
I agree with these guys. Say goodbye to the fan. That heatsink is a bajillion times better than keeping the fan.
 
I assume you are talking about the side case fan, I would simply relocate to a different location on the side panel. The plexi material is forgiving for the most part, drilling additional holes is very simple for the fan.
 
I think that i will remove it because it is just intake and blows in air :] and i am installing a 120mm fan on the front or does anyone have a good place i could relocate it :]
 
lol naw xP
on my cpu fan are the top parts used casue the sticking out parts on the top are the ones blocking the case fan
 
Removing the side fan probably won't cause you too many problems, particularly if you're getting a 120mm front intake. anyway the heatsink is obviously way more relevant and vital to your computer so make sure you keep it.
 
Back
Top