don't get me wrong, I love my 8600GT, never let me down, but its soon time for an upgrade and recently ATi has been pumping out better cards for the money IMO
Actually if you have lots of money to burn, NVidia is it but who has that. The ATI cards are fine for the normal player. Although I have a good system, there is always room for improvement. Dont forget to use the "Video Charts" and Best Graphics Card for your Money" in Tomshardware before you make your final purchase decision. Will save you lots of money. Give them a look
ouuuu, looks like another reason to wait on my AM3 build.
800 series chip set 6gig sata, or maybe ssd will be cheaper by then :X
thanks for the post!
-Vinnie
Eh, for some reason I'm a bit leery of that "review" (it could be the spelling errors >.>). But if I do take it at face value, good for ATI.
As things stand, the GTX 285 is currently the fastest... and it's rated at ~30% faster than the 4870 (which is coincidentally what this person is boasting). There are also some unknown factors as well, as we know the 280/285 are extremely good overclockers while the 4890 remains a mystery so far. Power consumption as well, idle/load temps and so forth. We'll see when it comes out .
I heard from more reliable sources that the 4890 was marketed specifically towards the GTX 280, and not the 285. But we'll have to see. I also expect that when this comes out, the 280 and 285 will most likely see some small price drops as well.