Amd or Intel?

Do you run AMD or Intel?


  • Total voters
    36
I'm more of an Intel guy myself, but the question is really more like "Chocolate or Vanilla", which flavor do you like?
 
...currently running AMD...but it really comes down to what's 'best' whenever i'm building.
 
I am running AMD but it depends on your budget. I like to save money on CPU and run striped VelociRaptors and High End Vid cards. Better clocks and gaming. I am only on air here and it runs everything I put to it. Included my meek 3DMark Scores. No massaging of numbers, just my normal settings I use every day on AIR.

Next purchases coming up will be:
Changing to the Phenon II 940.
Replace MB with ASUS M4A79 Deluxe
Maybe liquid cooling via Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima kit
Not too sure about my ram options yet


Specs:
KrzyMoke
KrzyMoke
KrzyMoke
Specs.jpg%22%3E

OS: Windows Vista Ultimate 64
CPU: AMD Phenom 9950BE @ 3.055 Ghz (2.6 stock)
Ram:4G Corsair Dominator w/o Fan @ 1066 5-5-5-15 (Have fan just dont use it)
MB: Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe
Video: Sapphire HD 4870 512 GDDR5 (Soon to get the 1G)
PSU: Antec 1000 Watt
Hdd:Striped VelociRaptors
Chassis:Antec 1200
DVD Drives: (2) Asus DRW-2014L1T Sata
Keyboard:Logitech G-15
Mouse:Logitech G-5
Monitor: HannSpree HF259 (24.5") on HDMI Cable
CpuCooling:Zalman CNPS-9700LED
GpuCooling:Stock with fan on 50% via CCC
Radiator:None
Resivoir:None
Pump:None

Specs.jpg
 
Last edited:
I am running AMD but it depends on your budget. I like to save money on CPU and run striped VelociRaptors and High End Vid cards. Better clocks and gaming. I am only on air here and it runs everything I put to it. Included my meek 3DMark Scores. No massaging of numbers, just my normal settings I use every day on AIR.

Next purchases coming up will be:
Changing to the Phenon II 940.
Replace MB with ASUS M4A79 Deluxe
Maybe liquid cooling via Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima kit
Not too sure about my ram options yet


Specs:
KrzyMoke
KrzyMoke
KrzyMoke
Specs.jpg%22%3E

OS: Windows Vista Ultimate 64
CPU: AMD Phenom 9950BE @ 3.055 Ghz (2.6 stock)
Ram:4G Corsair Dominator w/o Fan @ 1066 5-5-5-15 (Have fan just dont use it)
MB: Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe
Video: Sapphire HD 4870 512 GDDR5 (Soon to get the 1G)
PSU: Antec 1000 Watt
Hdd:Striped VelociRaptors
Chassis:Antec 1200
DVD Drives: (2) Asus DRW-2014L1T Sata
Keyboard:Logitech G-15
Mouse:Logitech G-5
Monitor: HannSpree HF259 (24.5") on HDMI Cable
CpuCooling:Zalman CNPS-9700LED
GpuCooling:Stock with fan on 50% via CCC
Radiator:None
Resivoir:None
Pump:None

Specs.jpg

If you're upgrading to a PII 940 3.0Ghz, you won't need liquid cooling. It overclocks like a dream, and it runs incredibly cool for a quad. Seeing as you have an Antec 1200, airflow is most certainly not a problem.

I'm running my 940 at a 3.5Ghz Overclock at stock voltage (something which is incredible for a quad cpu), and I idle at 34C. Under load I have never ever gone above 42C. I've heard you could easily get a 3.8Ghz overclock on the 940's on air, without that much of a temp increase. It really is an excellent CPU.
 
Last edited:
I have Intel because I enjoy bleeding edge, no matter the price. I've overclocked both Intel and AMD, and Intel takes the cake at the moment. I guess if you don't have plans to overclock, the two brands perform similarly, but please refer to my first sentence. =)
 
It depends on what's best at the time I'm looking for a new system. I started out with the original Pentium at 133 MHz 14 years ago (I think), had two Athlons in a row, a Sempron, and now a Core 2 Duo in my laptop. I don't really have a preference; it's just whatever has the most "bang for your buck" at the time.
 
Intel. q6600@3GHz

Guess I should point out that this is my 1st Intel computer. I'm very happy with it. K6III 450 --> K7 750 --> AMD 64 3200+ --> Intel q6600
 
INTEL > ARM > SPARQ >umm idk > A... nah > AMD

disclaimer:(my dad works for Intel so it would be bad for my inheritance for Intel to suck, so... INTEL ROX)
 
So i wanna know what most of us are running , lets see guys.

guys if he wanted you to start a war between intel and amd he could have asked for one, however, he did not. plz respect hex's request and dont be a fanboy on this thread.

-Blue
 
guys if he wanted you to start a war between intel and amd he could have asked for one, however, he did not. plz respect hex's request and dont be a fanboy on this thread.

-Blue

Ty so much for that , lil arguements are pointless here , if you wanan start something goto the amd forums and post about intel or something.
 
Back
Top