Unreal Tournament 3 Crash

WaterSnake

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
2,158
Whenever I startup UT3 from steam, it shows the splash screen, and after about 10 seconds, I get "Unreal Tournament 3 has generated errors, and needs to be closed." Before this, it was working fine until about 5 minutes in where it gave me a BSOD (Blue screen of death). Is there any way to fix this? I played $12 for a game I didn't even get a chance to play :mad:

My specs are: Win XP 32-bit SP3, Nvidia 8800GT with the latest non-beta drivers, Intel core 2 duo 2.33 GHz CPU.

I've tried opening it without running the sound (that seems to be a problem for some) by editing the config to startup with sound, to no avail. I also uninstalled OpenAL (some say that works), still, nothing. I tried defragmenting it, checking cache integrity, all that jazz. Nothing. I have contacted Steam Support about this, but I have not gotten any response.

Maybe the brilliant members of Edge Gamers can help me.
 
ut3 always has had issues , thats why i dont play it anymore , i know when i have had that issue , i downgraded my video drivers , and it seemed to work
 
I bought the game before it was released on steam. When I would insert the short cut into steam to start it from there I noticed the Steam overlay would cause issues with the game. Might want to try turning that off.
 
I bought the game before it was released on steam. When I would insert the short cut into steam to start it from there I noticed the Steam overlay would cause issues with the game. Might want to try turning that off.

I tried running it out of the file instead of steam. It still didn't work then. My best guess would be downgrading my drivers. Anyone know a safe installation that would be best to downgrade to?


Edit: Ok, I downgraded my drivers, and it jacked up my computer, so I had to use system restore to fix it.


Still needin' some answers!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top