My first build - The-Real-McCoy

Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
208
I started and finished this baby yesterday, in about 5 hours total. It truly is a beast. Here's the specs

AMD Phenom II x4 920 -2.8ghz
Foxconn A790
4GB Patriot DDR2 1066mhz ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Dual boot Windows xp - 50gb HDD
Windows 7- 250gb HDD
600W PSU

So it all started with an idea. It was my birthday and i have always wanted to upgrade my computer. So i looked and looked and found the processor and motherboard as a combo for $260 after rebate. I ordered it and it arrived Wednesday. Now, i had all the other parts, but i realized my case was a BTX case. I called my future-father-in-law and he said he'd bring one of his old cases and said that he would look for some memory too (i had 2gb) if i would trade him my old stuff. I said sure, and he shows up yesterday with 4gb of Patriot ram, a brand new case, an aftermarket case exhaust fan, and his tool kit. We worked hard on it for 4 or 5 hours and didnt have any hiccups. Besides plugging the HDD in the wrong slot (slave). We fixed it and started installing and last night I played TF2:

250 fps on the killcam
130-180 in the vents of blackmesa
30-50 in point A of blackmesa (very texture heavy)
~100 everywhere else.

It was true tf2 bliss. Ill post pictures once my lazy roomate sends them to me
 
phenom FTW man , very nice build taht 920 should overclock well too if you want a lil extra juice :P
 
I found the combo at newegg- March Madness deal.

and no, i had no trouble connecting to the internet, the mobo cd had the LAN drivers on it
 
Back
Top