top right names

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUCH

Famous
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
504
i did not know how to name this thread. :confused:

well in the game when you kill someone or capture a flag there is a display on the top right (i dont know the name of it). well mine is so big it tends to cover the screen, and i have to wait til it disappears sometimes. how do you make that smaller? i check options and didnt find anything. my resolution is 1280 x 1000 (something like that). i have a 20" LCD. its prolly easy but i cant figure it out
 
do you have a minmape in the right hand corner? if so, then just get rid of it by pressing m'. Im not sure if there is another way of simply removing it.
 
Some one gave me the command to make the background of the hud trasparent once. And that helped alot but for the life of me I do not remeber the command.

If someone can post that command that may help you Ouch.

Cough Cough me to :D ;)
 
Update: I just tested and its awsome, extract and run .exe to auto install, makes screen really well organized and has tons of options
 
I had that same problem, and sometimes I still do. What I did (on Magnum's advice) was get a new monitor. Because of other issues I did get one -- a widescreen one at that.

For the most part, it worked
 
I had that same problem, and sometimes I still do. What I did (on Magnum's advice) was get a new monitor. Because of other issues I did get one -- a widescreen one at that.

For the most part, it worked

Yeah I have widescreen but the "top right names" are annoying especially when somebody has a long name
 
hum. it bugged me too! but know i just die instead of trying to fix it! (i see a big name and i already accept that my death is coming)
 
lol I use a 32 inch vizio TV as a monitor so those name get pretty hardcore and I pretty much go with what VizierKane said try to play through it but accept death. Those names are SO big on my screen it's hard to deal with at times. Maybe that pack mentioned above would help but I usually just get rid of the mini map till i need it.
 
samsung 931BW

I had that same problem, and sometimes I still do. What I did (on Magnum's advice) was get a new monitor. Because of other issues I did get one -- a widescreen one at that.

For the most part, it worked

my monitor is pretty sweet, the contrast (700:1), response time (2 ms), screen ratio (16:10).
ill try the link you tried, but there must be an in-game command...i hate installing 3rd party software for fixes. but the damn names cover building on the top right corner (cough* snipers)
 
You can try this

http://www.teampandemic.net/moneyb/insane_small_hud_v7.zip

I have not tested it but I think it should work will test when I get home,

INSTALLATION INFO and SCREENSHOTS inside zip

Wow you must not live far from where you were, only took you like 12 mins between posts lol

Could you do us a favor and send us some of your before and after screenshot??

Also I am with OUCH in what he said "i hate installing 3rd party software for fixes."
But if this thing works good then I will try it out.

Cheers,

TAZ
 
Wow you must not live far from where you were, only took you like 12 mins between posts lol

Could you do us a favor and send us some of your before and after screenshot??

Also I am with OUCH in what he said "i hate installing 3rd party software for fixes."
But if this thing works good then I will try it out.

Cheers,

TAZ

Tiz true, i wanna see what it actually looks like before i waist time and space.
 
I do work close to where I live :)

Its really easy to install takes a bit to get used to it but works great, and you can change settings in game as well as radar setup.

I will take some screen shots when I get a chance, but here is what it looks like:

Small_chat_fonts_version_7.jpg

Teammenu.JPG

dod_jagd_cap.jpg

dod_jagd_icons.jpg
 
yeah it does take a bit to get used to it but few things I like are:

1. names dont block my view
2. map/radar rotates with you
3. health bar i weapons bar nicely tucked in corner
 
yeah it does take a bit to get used to it but few things I like are:

1. names dont block my view
2. map/radar rotates with you
3. health bar i weapons bar nicely tucked in corner

map/radar rotate with you? i cant understand that and dont see a screenshot for that. but the health bar never bothered me only top right hud with peoples long UNNECESSARY names
 
Yeah it rotates with you, adjusts the map to where you are going so its not set the same way, kind of hard to describe
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top