No Blood/Funny Gibs for TF2?

=[Ga]= AutoDMC

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
1,113
Anyone know how to patch TF2 to...

1) Remove the blood
2) Get the party gibs

Without actually having the server run in party mode?

My sister wants to play, but the cartoony blood makes her ill :D

And I'd love to have the party gibs... I think that fits the TF2 humor theme better anyway.

However, all the instructions I've seen so far are crazy hacky looking things. And I don't want to look hacky. I just want balloon animal gibs :D
 
And, unless things have changed, you'll need a pretty decent machine to run it well. I remember party mode just kicking my old computer's butt pretty bad. As soon as someone would get gibbed my framerate would dip, and in general it was just laggier, even when the on-screen effects weren't anything out of the ordinary.

That may not be a problem for you. BUT, fear not! You may not be able to get party mode, but you can remove that pesky blood:

violence_ablood 1
violence_agibs 1
violence_hblood 1
violence_hgibs 1

Just putz around with these settings, throw 'em all to 0 and there'll be no blood or gibs, or you can just remove the blood if you want. I'm not sure about the difference between "ablood" and "hblood," same for the gibs. The comments on these commands are pretty minimal, but they seem pretty self explanatory. As far as I know, these are the only blood/gib console variables, so it should take care of things.
 
Back
Top