Jesh's Beauty of a Rig

Jesh

Poster
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
140
So, I've almost finished my dream rig:

Current Parts:
Asus P5N-D Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon 4830
500GB Barracuda 7200.11
4GB G.Skill DDR2 800 RAM
550W Rosewill Crossfire PSU
Q6600 clocked at 2.4GHz

Upgrade Parts:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Motherboard
2x Sapphire Radeon 4830s
500GB Barracuda 7200.11+2x320GB Barracuda 7200.11s RAID0
4GB G.Skill Pi DDR2 1066
550 Roseill Crossfire PSU
Q6600 clocked at 3.2GHz

I bolded the most important parts, that would be upgraded.
 
Yeah. It better get me Vista score of 5.9 though. My RAM is my lowest right now, at a measly 5.0.
 
mmm i see you want 2x Sapphire Radeon 4830's thats aprx 180$ for about 10$ more you should get a 4870 like this ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102801 ) it will do 2 things #1 take up less space #2 it will probably give you better performance then the 2 4830s and if it doesn't it is still an awesome card then lator you could get a 2nd 4870 lator and have AWESOME power ..... i just saw that you got one 4830 but still go for the 4870 cause im 99% sure you can still crossfire them and get better performance but that is one mans view.also with the HHD's i would do for 2 of these badboys http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073 . about the same price as a 320gb hard drive but you would get more room and have 1.5tb total space and from what i know Western Digital is a good brand. other then that it looks good to me .


anyone feel free to pick and add to my post :D
 
Eh, I thought about the 4870, but I found out that 2 4830s combined do better then a 4870 or 280 by it's self. That's pretty sweet. And as for the HDDs, I normally stick with Seagate, but that's a pretty good deal, I might have to get that.
 
If you're going for CrossFire, replace that PSU while you're at it. Any PSU from Corsair, PC and P, Seasonic, or SilverStone will be far more reliable than the Rosewill you have at the moment.
 
Last edited:
Yea 2 4830s may be faster then one 4870 BUT later down the road when the 4870 is even cheaper you can get another one and go even faster :D think ahead not now and hardhat is right about the PSU and if you plan to use Crossfire you should have a min of 650 watt just to be on the safe side you dont wanna JUST be maken it
 
If you're going for CrossFire, replace that PSU while you're at it. Any PSU from Corsair, PC and P, Seasonic, or SilverStone will be far more reliable than the Rosewill you have at the moment.

Please, please do what he says! :D Antec has some awesome cheap PSUs.

~Gooda~
 
Eh, I thought about the 4870, but I found out that 2 4830s combined do better then a 4870 or 280 by it's self. That's pretty sweet. And as for the HDDs, I normally stick with Seagate, but that's a pretty good deal, I might have to get that.

Two HD 4830's do NOT do better than a GTX 280, two HD 4850's do. :P
 
So, I've almost finished my dream rig:

Current Parts:
Asus P5N-D Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon 4830
500GB Barracuda 7200.11
4GB G.Skill DDR2 800 RAM
550W Rosewill Crossfire PSU
Q6600 clocked at 2.4GHz

Upgrade Parts:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Motherboard
2x Sapphire Radeon 4830s
500GB Barracuda 7200.11+2x320GB Barracuda 7200.11s RAID0
4GB G.Skill Pi DDR2 1066
550 Roseill Crossfire PSU
Q6600 clocked at 3.2GHz

I bolded the most important parts, that would be upgraded.

Pics or it never happened. :laugh:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top