Steam Games unavailable/not starting

Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
58
This has probably been posted, but i consistently get this problem: after i play TF2 once, quit, then try to play later it usually either says "This game is unavailable, try again later" or just never moves from the preparing to launch window. The only way i've found to remedy this is to restart my computer, which is extremely inconvenient. Any tips?
 
your game might not be shutting down properly. after you quit next time, go into task manager, then go to processes. make sure hl2.exe is not running. if it is still running after you shut off the game, thats why it says the game is unavailable.

-Blue
 
Make sure the game is fully updated. I was having the same problem, untill I fully updated CS:Source. Try restarting STEAM, that is known to fix any issue you may be having. I googled this problem for a while, and many people have experienced problems with STEAM that are usually corrected in odd ways.
 
Back
Top