- Joined
- Feb 18, 2008
- Messages
- 1,253
I've built myself a dedicated folding machine, finally. Don't worry if there are some names you don't recognize, I copy/pasted this from my post on www.overclock.net.
First off, I'd like to thank CD and Mortimersnerd. CD has made me two great cases that have fit my budget perfectly and look great! My wall hanger is awesome, and when I expand, I'll be ordering more
Check out the hanger here and his own forum here. CD's work is great and he can find something to go with any budget 
Mortimersnerd is also one of my great friends here on OCN, and he was a great help in getting my folding machine running by mailing me the GPUs a full week and a half before I got paid. He took a chance with me and I'm extremely thankful for that.
Now, onto the fun stuff! This machine was build with a budget in mind, so a lot of the parts are either a) scavenged from previous machines or b) bought when I found deals.
The Part Listadsfdasf
Case: Wall Hanger by Cyberdruid. It's lightweight, cheap, and perfect for my needs. I skimped out on the wood as I don't have a large budget, but he can do anything you can imagine.
CPU: Q6600 Engineering Sample - I got this last year and it's been very stable, although it's not a great clocker. I bought it for $140 (I bdsfasfasfdasfelieve)
Motherboard: MSI P6N Diamond - Bought from Nitteo for $80
RAM: G.Skill 2x1GB DDR2-800 - Bought these for my HTPC last year, scavenged from it when I sold the mobo/CPU
HDD: WD 80GB - Bought for my HTPC, stole it back once I dismantled it
GPUs: 4x8800GSes - Bought from Mortimersnerd for $200 shipped. Another thanks for the early shipping mate
PSU: Coolmax 600W - Used in my very first build, ran my quad at 3.6Ghz and an 8800GTS for awhile without any problems.
Cooler: Zalman 9700 - Saved this from my very first custom build. It's no TRUE, but it works great
I think that's about it. Oh ya, I figured you guys would like pics, so here's a bunch
^ That's actually my E3110 ES that I bought from CD, but whatever...
And how it looks now:
I'm not sure that the Coolmax PSU can handle the other two 8800GSes. What do you guys think?
24k PPD (give or take) for only $420, not bad. I've still got to find the sweet spot for the shader. Then I might get the vmodded in the future. We'll see how everything plays out.
~Gooda~
First off, I'd like to thank CD and Mortimersnerd. CD has made me two great cases that have fit my budget perfectly and look great! My wall hanger is awesome, and when I expand, I'll be ordering more
Check out the hanger here and his own forum here. CD's work is great and he can find something to go with any budget 
Mortimersnerd is also one of my great friends here on OCN, and he was a great help in getting my folding machine running by mailing me the GPUs a full week and a half before I got paid. He took a chance with me and I'm extremely thankful for that.
Now, onto the fun stuff! This machine was build with a budget in mind, so a lot of the parts are either a) scavenged from previous machines or b) bought when I found deals.
The Part Listadsfdasf
Case: Wall Hanger by Cyberdruid. It's lightweight, cheap, and perfect for my needs. I skimped out on the wood as I don't have a large budget, but he can do anything you can imagine.
CPU: Q6600 Engineering Sample - I got this last year and it's been very stable, although it's not a great clocker. I bought it for $140 (I bdsfasfasfdasfelieve)
Motherboard: MSI P6N Diamond - Bought from Nitteo for $80
RAM: G.Skill 2x1GB DDR2-800 - Bought these for my HTPC last year, scavenged from it when I sold the mobo/CPU
HDD: WD 80GB - Bought for my HTPC, stole it back once I dismantled it
GPUs: 4x8800GSes - Bought from Mortimersnerd for $200 shipped. Another thanks for the early shipping mate

PSU: Coolmax 600W - Used in my very first build, ran my quad at 3.6Ghz and an 8800GTS for awhile without any problems.
Cooler: Zalman 9700 - Saved this from my very first custom build. It's no TRUE, but it works great

I think that's about it. Oh ya, I figured you guys would like pics, so here's a bunch

^ That's actually my E3110 ES that I bought from CD, but whatever...
And how it looks now:
I'm not sure that the Coolmax PSU can handle the other two 8800GSes. What do you guys think?
24k PPD (give or take) for only $420, not bad. I've still got to find the sweet spot for the shader. Then I might get the vmodded in the future. We'll see how everything plays out.
~Gooda~












