iPhone 3.0 software questions?

Boxxy

I made one post
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
24
I finally got a chance to test the 3.0 beta software for my iPhone. Everything seems to be great so far. My favorite addition is the landscape keyboard for texting.

I was wondering if you guys had any questions about the next update? The only thing I can't answer is bluetooth questions because I've never even used bluetooth before.

So yeah, feel free to ask some questions.

Just an SS to prove it:
bijgb9.png
 
Is there Flash support in the browser?
Can you shoot videos with the camera without downloading a third-party application?
Can you use your songs as ringtones without downloading a third-party application?
Is there voice dialing/voice commands?
Can you use it as a 3G modem with a laptop?
Can you run more than one application at a time i.e. go to a page in Safari, then open the App Store and search for apps, then open up the mail app and check your mail and still have the search open in the app store/page open in Safari?
 
Can you use your songs as ringtones without downloading a third-party application?
If you're talking about not paying for ringtones, you already can.
Check out myxer.com.
Just make your own clips of any song you want using any sound editor(I use Audacity) and upload to the site, then click the download for iPhone button.

Can you use it as a 3G modem with a laptop?
Check the Keynote-- Yes.
 
If you're talking about not paying for ringtones, you already can.
Check out myxer.com.
Just make your own clips of any song you want using any sound editor(I use Audacity) and upload to the site, then click the download for iPhone button.

That's a 3rd party application, I mean in the iPhone settings is there an option to set your ringtone to a song you have on the phone like an MP3 or AAC?
 
Is there Flash support in the browser?
nope, i'm actually surprised by this because i thought flash support was mentioned.

Can you shoot videos with the camera without downloading a third-party application?
nope

Can you use your songs as ringtones without downloading a third-party application?
nope

Is there voice dialing/voice commands?
nope

Can you use it as a 3G modem with a laptop?
Not sure about this as I don't have a laptop, sorry.

Can you run more than one application at a time i.e. go to a page in Safari, then open the App Store and search for apps, then open up the mail app and check your mail and still have the search open in the app store/page open in Safari?
yeah

hopefully most of this will change. keep in mind it's still in beta.
 
I finally got a chance to test the 3.0 beta software for my iPhone. Everything seems to be great so far. My favorite addition is the landscape keyboard for texting.

I was wondering if you guys had any questions about the next update? The only thing I can't answer is bluetooth questions because I've never even used bluetooth before.

So yeah, feel free to ask some questions.

Just an SS to prove it:

Wanna add my device to your developer program? :D Me wants 3.0...

~Gooda~
 
Sucks that iPod touch users, like me have to pay 10$ for the update
 
what about being able to send and recieve mms texts?
Only the iPhone 3Gs are able to send/receive MMS apparently. I know my iPhone 3G was able to send/receive MMS.

A few more things that I'm noticing:
- My email automatically refreshes and alerts me when I have email (I'm not sure if this happened on previous versions but I know that I would have to open the mail program and refresh it manually to see if I had any new email.)

- Sending messages is a bit different. Whenever you press send the message will go into the chat window and the sending bar doesn't go over the keyboard.
example:
9hj4v4.png


- If the message fails the first time then it will keep attempting to send

- You're able to search your entire iPhone by moving the home screen to the left

- Wifi is picking up more networks
 
Only the iPhone 3Gs are able to send/receive MMS apparently. I know my iPhone 3G was able to send/receive MMS.

A few more things that I'm noticing:
- My email automatically refreshes and alerts me when I have email (I'm not sure if this happened on previous versions but I know that I would have to open the mail program and refresh it manually to see if I had any new email.)

- Sending messages is a bit different. Whenever you press send the message will go into the chat window and the sending bar doesn't go over the keyboard.
example:
9hj4v4.png


- If the message fails the first time then it will keep attempting to send

- You're able to search your entire iPhone by moving the home screen to the left

- Wifi is picking up more networks

It was possible in the previous version to auto-chek your mail, only the code has been re-written so it doesn't use as much power as before.
 
LUCKY!
My friend has this due to being a developer, probably going to ask for it when school starts up again.
 
God i want one but i have stupid verizon... o well i guess i am going to have to stick to the storm :/
 
Only the iPhone 3Gs are able to send/receive MMS apparently. I know my iPhone 3G was able to send/receive MMS.

A few more things that I'm noticing:
- My email automatically refreshes and alerts me when I have email (I'm not sure if this happened on previous versions but I know that I would have to open the mail program and refresh it manually to see if I had any new email.)

- Sending messages is a bit different. Whenever you press send the message will go into the chat window and the sending bar doesn't go over the keyboard.
example:
9hj4v4.png


- If the message fails the first time then it will keep attempting to send

- You're able to search your entire iPhone by moving the home screen to the left

- Wifi is picking up more networks

I think that email refreshing is actual Push technology, not Fetch like we've been using now.

Can't wait to use it! Upgrading as we speak!

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top