Cry Engine 3 demo (GDC 2009)

Section-9

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jul 3, 2008
Messages
1,062
:thumbup:

[ame]http://pc.ign.com/dor/articles/965172/cry-engine-3-video/videos/cryengine3_trl_032309.html[/ame]
 
wow thats quite impressive. Looks like ill be needing to upgrade my rig before a game with that engine comes out. :)
 
Yea the graphics looked mostly the same as cryengine 2... however, what I read was that this engine wasnt created simply for better graphics, i believe it was created to be a more full developer environment so hopefully that will mean more games will start using cryengine. AND, and this is a big and, but hopefully better performance.

we will see.
 
I'm disappointed.
It looks basically the same but it has nicer lighting, physics, fire and water.
:(
 
Oh geez, why don't they just call it Real Life Engine 1.0*?

*Warning: Use of this engine requires a supercomputer to play.
 
I'm disappointed.
It looks basically the same but it has nicer lighting, physics, fire and water.
:(

Yes it's basically CryEngine 2 but much more "optimized" (lol), for future games on consoles (PS3 & 360) and PC.

We shall see how that goes. :glare:
 
Last edited:
Well, CryEngine 2 looked beautiful anyway, did it really need an upgrade?

And no matter how optimized that engine is, current gen consoles will NEVER be able to run visuals like that.
 
Apparently this was a console demo.
Few more days till' PC demo comes along, I'm told.
 
Yes it's basically CryEngine 2 but much more "optimized" (lol), for future games on consoles (PS3 & 360) and PC.

We shall see how that goes. :glare:
Actually, more what I meant was "I honestly expected something better for the PC version, considering that this is a Console Demo.
Regardless, it hardly looks like a new engine, just a slight revamp of the old one, hence my disappointment.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top