Anyone using any MSI Motherboards (K9A2CF specifically)?

s3rv0

Famous
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
553
Just was considering this mobo for my new machine. I unfortunately cannot get a hold of the MSI K9A2 Platinum which can support 4x crossfire, whereas this is only 2x, but I only ever plan on going to 2x really, and I'm going to be at 1x for a long while with the 4870 X2 2 gig card I'm getting.

I wanted to go for an ASUS card, but apparently the MA78-T and 79-T cards are being discontinued. :\ So, instead of waiting, I'm opting for an MSI board. Reviews for it are solid, and I wouldn't choose it if they weren't; so now I'm looking for further feedback, possibly from you folks from real-life experience. Thanks!
 
Eh, my last MSI board, the K9A platinum wasn't very good. I couldn't figure out the problem, but my video card was performing at about half of it's real performance. New board and everything worked fine. Old one is sitting in a box now, whee.
 
What was your graphics card? I can't find any documentation of this kind of problem, but maybe it's some weird incompatibility with the motherboard, or possibly driver issues in conjuction with the motherboard. -shrug- You've just got me worried now.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top