Consoles? which should i get?

Which console should i get?

  • Xbox 360

    Points: 16 35.6%
  • Playstation 3

    Points: 12 26.7%
  • Neither

    Points: 17 37.8%

  • Total voters
    45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomcat

Forum Fiend
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
743
Hey all :) last week i went in for a scholarship (just a small one) for the piano and yesturday i got the call that i won 100$, on top of that i have 100$ from my birthday, your all probly wondering what this has to do with you guys so here it is: im wondering if i should get a console, and if i do which one should i get??? Wii is out by default because Nintendo has decided to, as zero punctuation put it: be the king of casual gamer land rather then fight over hardcore gamers

basicly i wanna know what you think i should do, buy a 360/PS3 or skip buying either, thanks in advance! (PS: if you can plz just dont say "buy a 360" or something because i wanna know WHY i should buy it)
 
First of all, do you spend most of your time on the PC? If so, it's highly unlikely that you'd divert from that and start playing Console games if you were to buy one... But that's just my opinion. If you're comparing XBOX360 vs. PS3, I would say go for the PS3. Though the game choice for the PS3 right now isn't as diverse as XBOX360's, the technical potential is far greater in the hardware for the PS3 than it is for the XBOX360. Also, the BluRay capabilities make the PS3 a viable entertainment option too.

Go PS3 :)
 
Buy an Atari 2600, and put the rest of your money towards a better video card for your PC ;)
 
If you have the money, between those two I'd say PS3. Most Xbox games seem to also be either on the PS3 or the PC (the most notable exception probably being Halo 3).
 
If money doesn't play a role then look at the exclusive titles each console has to offer. If I had the choice once again, I'd go for the PS3. I've bought a 360 for a few reasons. My friends said they were going to get a 360 (which they did not... A few weeks after I got my 360 they all started to spend their money on the PS3...) and I did not have enough money for the PS3.
Keep in mind that PS3 games are usually more expensive (atleast they are over here) and XBL is roughly 50-60 $ a year.
So yeah, see what games the consoles have and what your friends have (so you can try out their games etc). The PS3 is a blu-ray player while the 360 has way superior online gaming.
IF you don't want to spend too much money on a console for some reason, I'd suggest the 360, though.


-Calle
 
360 was the better console but ps3 is getting more and better games now and its higher specs are starting to show in some games like killzone 2

i have a 360 atm and will be getting a ps3 this summer
 
buy a regular nintendo
or just download an emulator for every system and get whatever game you want and play it on your PC. voila
 
i voted for neither. but as for ps3 and 360 it comes down to what you like to do more.

If you want better online gaming -> 360

If you want better graphics -> PS3
 
I chose PS3,

XBOX 360 almost EVERY game comes out PC and PS3, the whole free interwebz thing + Xbox 360 doesn't have the initial D arcade stages :P
 
Go with your personal preference.
Things to think about are examples lik are you aiming for more games or another outlet to play them on? Because there are quite a few games on steam you can get, if you spend some on upgrading your comp and buying possibly a few games through steam discounts that is one option, or do you wish to play things like Metal Gear solid 4 and Killzone 2 or Halo 3 and Gears of War 2?
I have a PS3 and i'm loving the thing so far, and altough the game library is small, the games that are out are quite good.
 
PS3, if not only for ratchet and clank, do it for the blu-ray player and the other great games exclusive to PS3.
 
I vote for the computer upgrade idea lol. You can get a killer bare bones system for 200 bucks and put it together yourself. It's not hard. Beyond that I was sorely disappointed with both of those consoles, and I'm a PS fan girl. I hate the PS3. It's shoddy and huge, overheats easy and doesn't have a lot of good games, xbox 360 has good games but the console is horribly unreliable and it's expensive for xbox live. So I say go with the pc upgrade lol. The only next gen console I bought was the wii Nintendo was the only one who deserved my money lol. At least they did something fun with it and it works consistently.
 
PS3 for MGS4 alone

currently own an xbox 360, but im planning to buy a ps3 sometime in the future
 
As far as what both consoles are able to do in terms of graphics, it's very similar; and that's more dependent on the game designers than on the console itself.

What has what exclusives and whats best for your price range should be the key determining factors in what console you choose.

PS3, Online is free. It has a Blu-ray DVD player. :o

If being able to watch movies in a higher resolution actually makes them that much better for you, sure, than can be factor.

if you can wait i read about this OnLive article (http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...solete/1299562) but i love ps3 and i hated playstation before 3

I hope you like excessive bandwidth usage, never owning any games, no modding community, and paying for a subscription fee for the "console" as well as an additional subscription fee for any games you want to play. OnLive is terrible for gamers.

I chose PS3,

XBOX 360 almost EVERY game comes out PC and PS3, the whole free interwebz thing + Xbox 360 doesn't have the initial D arcade stages

XboxLive costs about $4/month. If you can't afford that, you shouldn't be buying a gaming console in the first place.
 
kay, thanks for the feedback guys :thumbup: this was seeded by my dad who said "hey you know you have almost enough money for a wii?" :thumbdown: aaaaanyway

i think i'll upgrade my computer, maybe buy a PS2 game im looking at. consoles are good n all but after reading everything said im thinking that the thing i want most is a new computer, thanks for helping me decide on this :) running TF2 in higher resolutions sounds like a run thing to do ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top