FileFront suspended indefinitely on March 30

never used that site way to slow for me, only download at like 10 kbps :( so tbh glad i never used it :) but sad they went down made so many other gamers happy.
 
Bah, I used that site for everything :( Aswell as chatting on the forums. This is truly sad.
 
filefront had a site for like every game, filled with mods/maps/patches, i am very sad :(
 
only for patches, and it was slow unless you subscribed

You are probably thinking of FilePlanet. There you'll have to wait like 1 minute before you can download your file, unless you subscribe.
"Hello, your download will start in 4 hours. Unless you subscribe, MWAHAHAHAHA!!!"
 
It's not an April Fools joke, since they already deleted the forums. The more alarming thing is sites are no longer able to support themselves through ad revenue alone. Rumors are flying all over of other sites going pay to use or shutting down all together. The next year could be an interesting time for free sites.
 
It's a shame, really.
I remember when I hosted my first Dawn of War mod on them, and my first Company of Heroes mod :(
 
well that sucks i know many people loved filefront i've never used it however i feel bad for anyone that used it and liked it
 
I hate having to sign up to get my files. I loved filefront.

Damn you ECONOMY!
 
This really saddens me, I loved Filefront so much, so much better than Fileplanet for downloading mods/skins/maps/ect, since you didn't have to wait in line or sign up.

R.I.P. Filefront

I'll miss you :(
 
Man o Man Im so sad to see these guys go... Only good site that you could download files without having to pay, register or wait in lines :( . I remember through FileFront was the first time I got rick rolled.... Im so sad to see it go... I didnt realize that the current economic situation is effecting the internet :( :(
 
this makes me sad. T_T, its the only file download website i really trusted. i didn't have to wait to download and the download was fast. i just downloaded a game demo and i saw that they had that posted up.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top