New Computer - Help (Part 2)

ToiletPastries

EGO Zealot
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
1,797
So I was browsing around the interwebs and found this little number.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4484928&Sku=I455-90600

Could you guys give me some thoughts/opinions on the specs and if it's a good buy?

Thanks!

My current computer is
AMD Dual Core 2.6Ghz
2GB Memory
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

This computer runs fine for me and I've never had any problems with it. I want to upgrade my computer though and loan this one to my girlfriend. I will sell this computer eventually though, I just wanted an upgrade.
 
The specs on that computer are somewhat poor. I can't honestly recommend getting a 9600 GT because in the long run it sucks. The processor is alright, although I've heard both bad and good comments about the Q8xx-series (mostly bad ;p). I live in Finland, and because of that we use euros but I still think that buying the components separately would be your best bet for that amount of cash. Something in the lines of Q9450 / E8xx, and a HD 4850/70/50x2. I have no clear amount of the prices but from what I've gathered from the press, at least the HD 4850 is verrry cheap.
 
The specs on that computer are somewhat poor. I can't honestly recommend getting a 9600 GT because in the long run it sucks. The processor is alright, although I've heard both bad and good comments about the Q8xx-series (mostly bad ;p). I live in Finland, and because of that we use euros but I still think that buying the components separately would be your best bet for that amount of cash. Something in the lines of Q9450 / E8xx, and a HD 4850/70/50x2. I have no clear amount of the prices but from what I've gathered from the press, at least the HD 4850 is verrry cheap.

Yeah, I would suggest getting a Q6600 as quad-core on an E8400 as Dual core, and as GPU i would recommend a 4870 or 4850
 

Latest posts

Back
Top