TF2 Unlocks Not Working.

Adam

Man, I'm pretty.
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
7,460
So, I recently went and did a bunch of the achievements. Needless to say, I did them on an achievement school. I have all the ones I've unlocked since I've owned TF2, but the ones I've just done do not work. They work when I create my own server and play on it, but once I connect to any of our servers, I cannot use them.

Also, when I try to use Backburner, it shows the other flamethrower and gives me this in the console:

*** ERROR: Bone access not allowed (entity 3:class C_TFPlayer)

Any ideas?
 
its some thing valve did to stop people cheating and using achievement servers, you cant use the ones your got by cheating and some times even if you got them legit you can only use the ones that you joined the server with.
 
INteresting.
That certainly sounds like what that error message is, and Ice Hearted is right - Valve did "punish" people who were using a certain exploit by removing their unlockables.

I was unaware that visiting Achievement servers would in any way constitute as cheating.
Here's the post from the teamfortress.com site:
"This time it seems a number of you used an external application to unlock all of your achievements in order to get items unfairly."

So tell us... what else have you been messing with? ;)

Either way you should be good in a week.
 
I wasn't aware they they did that, oh well.
 
Honestly, this doesn't sound like what you're speaking of Carmen. I'm sure that they just wouldn't allow usage of it, not throw an error at you. Also, achievement servers are fine for getting your achievements on. The external application they speak just unlocks your achievements without having to do anything but click a few buttons.

As for the error itself, from what I've been reading, it could be a multitude of things. If you could post your system specs, and if you've made any changes recently. Also post what settings you're the game at. Sometimes, even if you can access it on your own private server, these can affect other actual pub servers.

Finally, have you check file integrity? Reinstalled TF2? Reinstalled Steam?
 
Last edited:
Its a known bug brought about by valves attempts to punish the cheaters. It seems depend on which server you're on as to which unlocks you can use. Ex: on warpath I cant use my regular pyro gun, regular bat or natasha; on PL I cant use sandman yet am stuck with natasha while pyro stuff works fine. Its all screwy, sometimes restarting steam fixes it, sometimes not.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top