For those of you that don't know what an SSD is, it stands for Solid State Drive; it is a hard drive that uses flash memory, worth much more than normal hard drives because of its robustness, quick boot-up time, fast performance, and additional/potential features/functionality, while maintaining to be environmentally friendly (low power consumption).
I work for a company called SiliconSystems Inc. I wanted to share some news and joy with everyone today, as today goes down big in history for me. Western Digital, world's 2nd largest hard drive manufacturer, bought out our company, SiliconSystems Inc. today. Presently, I am holding forms to fill out because I start today as a Western Digital employee.
More Info in the Links Below:
http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2009/03/western-digital-goes-ssd-acquires-siliconsystems.ars
http://www.wdc.com/en/company/releases/PressRelease.asp?release={0E640FB5-2931-4BC0-8595-7A6ABC20FB5A}
http://www.siliconsystems.com/resources/News.aspx?TicketID=0edf4bf0-51d0-4fce-ad45-63bdb45b5a45
Today was definitely a surprise for me, but it was a decent surprise! Right as life throws curve balls at me with lots of trouble, a little glimmer shines here. It is such a great feeling!
I work for a company called SiliconSystems Inc. I wanted to share some news and joy with everyone today, as today goes down big in history for me. Western Digital, world's 2nd largest hard drive manufacturer, bought out our company, SiliconSystems Inc. today. Presently, I am holding forms to fill out because I start today as a Western Digital employee.
More Info in the Links Below:
http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2009/03/western-digital-goes-ssd-acquires-siliconsystems.ars
http://www.wdc.com/en/company/releases/PressRelease.asp?release={0E640FB5-2931-4BC0-8595-7A6ABC20FB5A}
http://www.siliconsystems.com/resources/News.aspx?TicketID=0edf4bf0-51d0-4fce-ad45-63bdb45b5a45
Today was definitely a surprise for me, but it was a decent surprise! Right as life throws curve balls at me with lots of trouble, a little glimmer shines here. It is such a great feeling!



















