Proper Forum Usage: All please read before you post ever again! (updated)

Blackhawksniper is right some of people (and i do admit i'm sorry man) do post stupid things and replie for no reason, even this is pointless
so i'm sorry and i'll stop.
Eire.32
 
[quote1188997710={METAL}Pope]
I agree with you.

I just started this clan and i feel that if you are going to talk to me, do it the way you were tought in school.

Thank you.....
=(e)={METAL}Pope
School?

[/quote1188997710]
 
you should really add that saying "Please" and "thank you" go a long way. It's simple etiquette that most forget. But I'm sure everyone likes to be acknowledged and I'm sure nobody likes orders hollered at them. So a nice request with a "please" isn't too hard now is it?
 
i put so much thought into my posts i create a rough draft on "Word" and then paste it in
 
Your point is well taken blackawksniper. And I agree with a lot of what you said. But little with the way you said it.

It does get tiresome trying to decipher what some people are trying to say. But we shouldn’t set the bar too high. I wouldn’t want good people who take the time to try to communicate at our forums to feel that Miss Crabtree is looking over their shoulder making sure they dot their I s and cross their T s. They might decide not to post because they feel they would get laughed at or looked down upon by those more enlightened. In a global community we get a cross sectioning of humanity. I mean all types. Smart, not so smart, educated, not so educated, sensitive, not so sensitive, young, not so young and so on and so on. What is so cool about the WWW is that it brings all those types together. What a shame if we set standers that some can’t reach and feel excluded from participating in a simple chat room.

All that being said I want to tell you all this, I was a very bad speller now I’m just a bad speller. I have gotten much better by using my computer to write letters emails and posts in forums. I use spell-check and cut and paste from MS Word. I also use the grammar check. This has taught me much and I would recommend everyone do the same. It’s good practice and will help you in the future. If you can better yourself why not do it? I would recommend it big time.

And to those who like and want to use leet (what ever that means) and enjoy the short cut type of communications because it hip and cool please go for it. It’s a free world enjoy it. If you choose to I will still try to decipher your messages; if I can’t then your message will have little or no impact on me.

But blackawksniper, I guessing here, but I think your military background is showing. You talk to people like you’re a drill sergeant. We have kids here and old farts (like me) who don’t respond well to a speech that sounds demeaning and condescending though you smiley faces here and there did soften the sting a bit. I’m sure you only meant to get your point across and you did.

Hey I’ll tell you what I’ll go back to English class if you go to charm school. !lol

P.S. I'm sure this post wouldn't get a C in Miss Crabtree's class but I hope you all get my point.
 
Have you noticed that people here always type nice and correctly but when it comes to other threads, they go back to there nomal typing !dodge
 
[quote1189036048=Sad Sack]
Your point is well taken blackawksniper. And I agree with a lot of what you said. But little with the way you said it.

It does get tiresome trying to decipher what some people are trying to say. But we shouldn’t set the bar too high. I wouldn’t want good people who take the time to try to communicate at our forums to feel that Miss Crabtree is looking over their shoulder making sure they dot their I s and cross their T s. They might decide not to post because they feel they would get laughed at or looked down upon by those more enlightened. In a global community we get a cross sectioning of humanity. I mean all types. Smart, not so smart, educated, not so educated, sensitive, not so sensitive, young, not so young and so on and so on. What is so cool about the WWW is that it brings all those types together. What a shame if we set standers that some can’t reach and feel excluded from participating in a simple chat room.

All that being said I want to tell you all this, I was a very bad speller now I’m just a bad speller. I have gotten much better by using my computer to write letters emails and posts in forums. I use spell-check and cut and paste from MS Word. I also use the grammar check. This has taught me much and I would recommend everyone do the same. It’s good practice and will help you in the future. If you can better yourself why not do it? I would recommend it big time.

And to those who like and want to use leet (what ever that means) and enjoy the short cut type of communications because it hip and cool please go for it. It’s a free world enjoy it. If you choose to I will still try to decipher your messages; if I can’t then your message will have little or no impact on me.

But blackawksniper, I guessing here, but I think your military background is showing. You talk to people like you’re a drill sergeant. We have kids here and old farts (like me) who don’t respond well to a speech that sounds demeaning and condescending though you smiley faces here and there did soften the sting a bit. I’m sure you only meant to get your point across and you did.

Hey I’ll tell you what I’ll go back the English class if you go to charm school. !lol

P.S. I sure this post wouldn't get a C in Miss Crabtree's class but I hope you all get my point.

[/quote1189036048]

A- For Content

A for Truthiness ( yes it is a word, you tube it with Stehpen Colbert)

As for military background, Im flattered, Im only 17, yet Im a paintball ref and have to order people to do stuff for their own safety and it seems to be rubbing off. I don't mean that EVERYTHING has to be proper, not capping is fine, imo, aslong as you have atleast a period or comma to break up the sentence. It makes it easier to read :P
 
Just a thought... who cares how people post... I mean.... if you don't like mistakes then don't come to the forums. Everyone has a right to type/spell however they want, sure it may tick you off, heck it even gets to me sometimes. But to try and force everyone to be grammatically correct whenever they post is taking it too far. Sure, this is cool if you want to rant... From what I'm getting from the title of the thread you want this to be some sort of rule. My point is... if you don't like something about someone... ignore it. There's no need to start drama over something so idiotically simple as spelling. This is NOT school, it's a place for everyone to have. Because of this fact, forcing people to type and spell perfectly may just ruin that fun for some people.

48px-2005-Penny-Uncirculated-Obverse-cropped.png
48px-2005-Penny-Uncirculated-Obverse-cropped.png
 
Blackhawk, your post was good.

However sad to say, most will only read the first two lines and blow off the rest.
 
[quote1189076211=Sgt. Starbuck]
Unkle blackhack, duz this meen your not tooteringg me animore?

Little Timmy
[/quote1189076211]




Never Little Timmy!


You REALLY need the help :p
 
Alright, I think I was a little harsh. The thing was Im sick of all the hard to read posts. It saves a LOT of time to people who want to read the posts, yet dont understand them.


You guys get me?
 
i don't understand what the bif deal about punction is i mena who care right everyone can figure out where my sentences start and where they end if i just write everything i'm trying to say in a huge run on sentence i believe everyone out here is intelligent enough to fragment it and understand what im talking about

lolz pwn joo

:)
 
[quote1189185800={METAL}Pope]
I agree with you.

I just started this clan and i feel that if you are going to talk to me, do it the way you were tought in school.

Thank you.....
=(e)={METAL}Pope

Its 'taught' LAWL. but yeah I agree. =) literacy should be made a law.

[/quote1189185800]
 

Latest posts

Back
Top