DVD Video camera

RyanSoFire

Thread Thumper
=(e)=
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
1,034
I'm working on this english 3 project and we have to create this movie.

We recorded all the stuff we needed and I finalized the disc.

I put the disc in my computer and doesnt know what a DVD is I guess(windows media player). My regular dvd player can play it and I can watch all the stuff on my TV

I have windows media player 9. I think I have to get 11. Maybe thats the problem???

I just want to be able to somehow edit it and take out stuff on the computer and be able to play it.

Any help will help my english grade, therefore make my parents happy, therefore more fun time shooting CT's
 
windows movie maker might be able to edit it but windows media player wont edit it.

if i remember correctly your camera will save the files as VOB's, im not sure windows movie maker will edit those. When i edited my video projects i used Corel Video Studio 12, works great, expensive though but im sure you can get it if you use the right channels.
 
WMP may not have the proper codec to play the video file recorded on your camera. You'll need to find the file extension [avi, vob, etc] and download a codec so that you can play it. As for editing, if windows movie maker isn't capable of editing the file, try googling .<extension> editor, & see if you can't find a shareware editor. Or you can ask your teacher, many public schools [in FL at least] have access to and will hand out student copies of software that might be able to get the job done.


CCCP
is a free video codec pack that'll handle most of the common formats that you'll come across
 
Ok I found a program that converts the VOB to MPG4 And it worked and I can view it.

Next question I have is would it be possible to take out parts of the MPG4 with like windows movie maker???? cuz there are some mess ups that we recorded and I want them out
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top