Why must 24/7 maps EVER "change level"? :(

tyrant91101

Rookie
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
37
I was 94 points away from 1k points, my spring break goal after not playing tf2 for months and then BAM the server changed. It's a 24/7 2fort so why do you even need the switch?

><
 
Well, I'm not sure if map time can be set beyond 999 minutes. And, the server will get clogged up with sprays and other junk if it doesn't clean itself out every once in a while. After all... lag is the enemy! Plus it sometimes has the handy effect of reorganizing the teams, so you get new and exciting team mates!
 
That must have sucked tyrant, but now you'll be able to do it all over again! Think about the possibilities! :P
 
Well, I'm not sure if map time can be set beyond 999 minutes. And, the server will get clogged up with sprays and other junk if it doesn't clean itself out every once in a while. After all... lag is the enemy! Plus it sometimes has the handy effect of reorganizing the teams, so you get new and exciting team mates!

Well-said, Atten. That's exactly right. :)
 
I was wondering this same thing. But it doesnt really bother me that it resets the server every 999 mintues. But still i was wondering why the servers are set this way.
 
Plus someone else might want to switch maps. I for example like to have a nice ragular rotation between maps so that I won't get fed up with the current map. I honestly can't think playing more than couple of hours of the same map.

But I agree with:
I was 94 points away from 1k points, my spring break goal after not playing tf2 for months and then BAM the server changed.
When you're trying to get high scores and then something just BAM's the whole thing...it's just so frustrating. But you should do as I do: don't look at the point just try to have fun :)

(Nice point btw, grz)
 
Wow, if that happened to me i would have screamed...
 
just type timeleft and you can see the remaining time, if you are running out of time, just kill faster ;)
 
Just play until you accumulate 94 more points then consider your goal achieved. After all, this is a personal goal, so as long as YOU know you hit your goal, all is well.
 
I get tired of reapeating 1 thing over and over . but i usually dont stay on just 1 24/7 server . but i agree with atten
 
Well, I'm not sure if map time can be set beyond 999 minutes. And, the server will get clogged up with sprays and other junk if it doesn't clean itself out every once in a while. After all... lag is the enemy! Plus it sometimes has the handy effect of reorganizing the teams, so you get new and exciting team mates!

Bam!

Personally, I don't know how you guys can do it. After about an hour of sitting in front of my machine, I have to at least get up and walk around outside or something. Almost 5 hours? Wow. If only I had 5 hours to dedicate to a game. Usually some sort of drinking event gets in the way, though.
 
You can do mp_timelimit 0 so that the map time is Unlimited, but as atten said, there would be a bunch of backed up sprays and that junk.
 
Bam!

Personally, I don't know how you guys can do it. After about an hour of sitting in front of my machine, I have to at least get up and walk around outside or something. Almost 5 hours? Wow. If only I had 5 hours to dedicate to a game. Usually some sort of drinking event gets in the way, though.

Solution: make tf2 a drinking game.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top