Counter-Strike In Game Freeze

PandaFaust

Rookie
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
92
When I start playing on a server, I can play fine for a little while then all of a sudden, my screen freezes and I can move and about 2-5 seconds later its fine.

I check some basic lag problems, my choke and loss are both mostly at zero, frame rate is high (150-200) and ping is steady at around 70.

'in' however whenever this freeze occurs jumps to 1300 then back when the freeze is over is there any way to solve this malady?
 
Have you asked in-game to make sure it didn't happen to anyone else? The basic "not being able to move" is common for server lag.
 
yeah its not server lag I'm experiencing, although I do get that as well, could be locational server lag, I'm in ontario.
 
Only in cs, I was having same problem with L4D until I reinstalled my drivers, then problem was solved for it.
 
Do you have a wireless card?

This isnt a video card problem if your "IN" packets are increasing a lot.
 
wireless internet card, D-link Xtreme something something... best one from d-link, along with a beastly d-link wireless router, but I can play all games other than counterstrike flawlessly. I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing.
 
Sigh. It sucks to have to uninstall and reinstall but it can fix a lot of problems. Good luck.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top