Corei7 Build, FINISHED w/Pics...

Ya I spoke to soon. Not even 1.25v was stable 3.8GHz. For some reason when I have her at 3.8, pretty much nothing lower than 1.3v can run it. >_< So I brought it back down to 3.6GHz and have the vCore at 1.28v and SO FAR its running ok. We'll just have to see how that goes....

*And an update on my rig!!!*

I ordered the XFX 4890 Xtreme edition :w00t:
Normally I wouldnt spend the extra on an extreme edition of anything but right now the it's the same price as the normal edition so why not? :laugh:
 
Last edited:
:D i cant wait for you to get that card. IDK why, but everytime graphics cards are updated on anyones computers, i get all :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
 
Ya I spoke to soon. Not even 1.25v was stable 3.8GHz. For some reason when I have her at 3.8, pretty much nothing lower than 1.3v can run it. >_< So I brought it back down to 3.6GHz and have the vCore at 1.28v and SO FAR its running ok. We'll just have to see how that goes....

*And an update on my rig!!!*

I ordered the XFX 4890 Xtreme edition :w00t:
Normally I wouldnt spend the extra on an extreme edition of anything but right now the it's the same price as the normal edition so why not? :laugh:

Tell me how that baby works out.. I'm also thinking about ordering that card..
 
ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? 1.3vCore ?

These are baked on 45nm.The i7 isn't the same as a dual core, they can go at alot higher clocks with lower vCores... lower that vCore. my OC to 3.4GHz is running stable at 1.12vCore..

and remember : lower vCore is better ! (as long as you get it stable.)

Intel 45nm chips are safe from the early effects of electromitigation at 1.37v or below, as stated by Intel. I run my E3110 at 1.37v 24/7 folding.

~Gooda~
 
Intel 45nm chips are safe from the early effects of electromitigation at 1.37v or below, as stated by Intel. I run my E3110 at 1.37v 24/7 folding.

~Gooda~

That's another great lesson learned from the one and only Gooda :laugh:
 
none of this overclocking stuff makes sense to me. So what im going to do is....

:D

? is that a fine thing to do there?

lol. Gooda's a genius
 
I have the same monitor

CIMG2681.jpg


CIMG2687.jpg

I see you have a 360 and a PS3, that's nice! Are they plugged on the same monitor?
 
On second thought, I thing I'll be getting the 4870.. The 4890 is overpriced for the small performance gain.
 
Back
Top