This makes me want to build a watercooled system

A very interesting setup. Down right ingenious even, but I would never buy it...not for that price tag at least.
 
Submerge killing scares me. I watch another video where they used corn oil. Being someone who has seen a grease fire it just scares me.
 
I will also say that the cooling system for high end cpu and cards are over 500 dollars.
 
Thats sick.. I don't think watercooling CPU's is that big of a deal, mostly they don't get over 70ish
 
I will never put water in my case.

+1

A friend of mine had a water cooled system. He went on vacation and upon returning he fired up his compy. One of the hose gaskets failed(it had dried up and cracked) and needless to say he fried most of the components in his box.
 
+1

A friend of mine had a water cooled system. He went on vacation and upon returning he fired up his compy. One of the hose gaskets failed(it had dried up and cracked) and needless to say he fried most of the components in his box.

you're supposed to use nonconductive fluid...
 
you're supposed to use nonconductive fluid...

Yeah, should.. but as soon as it touches anything it becomes conductive again lol

Then it wouldn't be called "Water" Cooling.

Non-conductive fluid is really anything without ions, the ions are the part that makes it conduct electricity so it can be water without ions, and its non-conductive fluid
 
Non-conductive fluid is really anything without ions, the ions are the part that makes it conduct electricity so it can be water without ions, and its non-conductive fluid

Sure distilled water doesn't conduct electricity, but distilled water will also slowly corrode your blocks until they leak. And you'll also never get 100% pure water in your system.
 
Submerge killing scares me. I watch another video where they used corn oil. Being someone who has seen a grease fire it just scares me.

I haven't seen the corn oil, but I have seen vegetable oil cooling. However that system ended up having corrosion problems since there were no fans to circulate the oil. :S
 
mineral oil is what they use to submerge computers in. water cooling has better performance then mineral oil. some people did bench marks and the stock cpu was around 50 Celsius...

that card is sick :O
 
Its insane, so much money though. Heating is such a big issue with graphics cards now. My friend has dual 295's and a 9800 GT, and its a brick with almost no airflow
 

Latest posts

Back
Top