My buddy is having some strange problems. I'm thinking his mobo is fried but it's brand new, so I'm hoping for some second opinions.
It goes like this:
One day he couldn't boot without clearing his CMOS. Research led to the belief that Windows Vista was to blame, but does not appear to be so.
So that remains to be.
Then he buys a 1TB HD, when he puts it in the drive, Windows runs slow as molasses and windows fails to detect it properly. It's detected fine in BIOS however. Attempting to install windows on the new drive fails for some unknown reason.
I put in the hard drive in my rig and the drive works totally fine.
Any insight to above problems?
It goes like this:
One day he couldn't boot without clearing his CMOS. Research led to the belief that Windows Vista was to blame, but does not appear to be so.
So that remains to be.
Then he buys a 1TB HD, when he puts it in the drive, Windows runs slow as molasses and windows fails to detect it properly. It's detected fine in BIOS however. Attempting to install windows on the new drive fails for some unknown reason.
I put in the hard drive in my rig and the drive works totally fine.
Any insight to above problems?






