Smoke lag

Anders

Active Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2007
Messages
360
Hey, in DOD:S whenever look at smoke, from a grenade, or anything, I lag really bad. Everything else is fine though. It also happens on KotoR2.

Suggstions? ( I updated my drivers)
 
Well metro, they are, it started after the big DOD update, with killcam and such.

My specs aren't very good. My graphics card is a 6100 nVidia GeForce on board. I'm trying to save my money though, so it's hard for me to find a better card.
 
:huh: I'm assuming its just a large drop in FPS, so correct me if I'm wrong. The only thing I can think of is try out a different smoke grenade skin. Although they won't change the smoke, which is probably the issue.
 
I would lower your smoke detail setting, it really strains your GPU
 
I know you said you turned down the graphics settings but have you tried turning off antialiasing mode and setting it to bilinnear mode? This usually helps a slow chipset. What are your specs? It might be a different problem.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, my old laptop did that with CS:S and, coincidentally, KotOR II also. Sadly, I never managed to fix it; but if you have a desktop, at least you can upgrade if you get the money :)
 
its a well known problem in dod, allot of people with lower end rigs get the fps spikes with smoke
 
Question, has this always been a problem or did it appear recently?
If recent, did you install or visit a unusal website recently?
 
Back
Top