Steam in-game browser

CharlieMac

Active Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
347
does anyone know how to set your homepage for the in-game browser? I know it doesn't use my normal browser settings since the 2 homepages differ.
 
unless i'm mistaken, you cannot change the homepage.
HOWEVER, FEAR NOT!

The default homepage is Google.
So what you can do (and what I did) is open Google with internet explorer (because it uses your internet explorer cookies) and goto www.google.com then sign up for iGoogle. You can then set quick links/favorites/floating apps and stuff.

My iGoogle has several links to gaming sites I use, as well as a calculator, and notepads.

Hopes this helps. I know its not exactly what you wanted, but I think this is the best you can do.

I will search my registry and see if there is a way to hack the homepage settings.
 
I browse these fprums in game . i play and read at the same time . but if i ould i would set the eGO website as my homepage so i dont gotta type the adress all the time . ill find out how and i will pot here wen i do .
 
I did a quick search through the windows registry, and came up with nothing.

This is probably hard wired into the steam browser.

Go with iGoogle.
 
Not answering your question, but I would like to say that the in-game browser is an awesome and underused feature (unless you have an epic keyboard with a screen).

Thank you.
 
Ingame browser is not very good. For me, alt-tabbing doesnt even take a second to do, and when i go back into the game, all the graphics are normal. I have tried the ingame one, its just slow and its annoying to use. But yea i have used it but i prefer the alt-tabbing. :)
 
Since I run TF2 in -noborder windowed mode, it's easy to alt+tab back out to Firefox and then back in-game. ;)

Although if the homepage of the in-game could be set or changed, then I might be persuaded to actually use it.
 
I use Xfire in-game web.

But maybe I should give the Steam in-game browser a chance, what do you guys think?
 
Good thing all my browsers have Google as the homepage anyway.

Fear me.
 
Back
Top