Some ATI Graphic Stuff

GhostOps21

I made one post
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
28
Well I've been saving up, and is nearing towards my birthday, and I was wondering I could get some of your guys' advice.

Well I have an ATI Radeon 4870 HD, and was looking at crossfiring. My only problem was whether to go with another 4870, or go with the newer 4890. I know that it adjusts for the lower card, but if I do go with the 4890, I could eventually crossfire with another 4890, or 4XXX, and just create a loop kind of thing until a new GPU or something comes out. What would be the better choice?
 
If you have the 1GB HD4870, and your PSU is up to the task, and your motherboard has at least two PCI-E 2.0 8x slots, then buy another HD4870.

What resolution are you playing at? If its less than 1920 x 1200 or 2560 x 1600, don't bother with CrossFire.
 
My specs are enough, and I only have the 512mb, I only play at 1440x900, so I might just get the 4890.
 
It's fine just to get another HD 4870, you play at a low resoultion.
The RV 790 core in the HD 4890 is just a overclocked HD 4870 core with 1 GB of VRAM.
 
Now that I think of it, I might get a 22-24" screen, would it make much of a difference?
 
They don't run at the lower card's specs. They would run at slightly higher then a 4870 CF setup.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top