- Joined
- Nov 28, 2008
- Messages
- 3,120
Its the stats for all classes, most played, most points...ect.
http://www.steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php
http://www.steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php
Very interesting stats. Had some "What?!" moments looking at them though, like the "% of all damage - All Valve Maps" graph, showing which weapons do the most damage in servers. #1 pipe bomb launcher..interesting considering demos seem to use it only (or at least mostly) to spam around corners or suppress enemy pushes, just that random kind of indirect fire, "maybe I'll get lucky" kind of thing. Not complaining about that, but I know I see demo played like that a lot.
And #2 in that category? THE SYRINGE GUN?! SERIOUSLY!? Lols. I always knew that thing felt like it could kill you really fast if the medic had good aim, but I didn't realize that it was so heavily used.
And then #3? The SMG? What? You've got to be kidding me. All these assault classes running around blowing each others brains out, and the syringe gun and SMG beat them all out?
#4 in that category is the first time an "offense" class weapon comes up, but it's beaten out by fairly large margins by #'s 1-3.
Now look at how sharply the graph falls off after like number 5 or 6. All those other weapons can't be so miniscule by comparison, can they? Even the beefy assaulting weapons stink, and are little itty bitty slivers by comparison. At first I thought the classes with updates so far have been played a bit more, though the average play times statistics don't seem to reflect that. They seem to reflect actual gameplay very closely, since that, and not achievement farming, represents 99% of their data gathered.
Something is wrong with that graph.