Zmatrix

Clarko

Forum Fiend
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
737
Well my friend showed me this desktop eye candy. Thought it would take a lot of resources but it doesn't and he has a 1.5 single core laptop with like 1 gig of ram. Runs smooth. Its the matrix code and actually displays your current desktop back ground using the symbols as they scroll down. It uses right now about 2.6k of my 4 gigs of ram which is a small footprint for me. hardly uses any cpu power. Only thing I notice if I have any icons on my desktop it overlaps them and hides them until you put your mouse over it but its not that big of a deal. I hardly have icons on my desktop anyways. I only have them because they are important files or programs atm.

Here is the link to the site:http://zmatrix.sourceforge.net/

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whKfTRG0Iw8[/ame] < the best video i found that shows how it still displays your desktop wallpaper along with the zmatrix program.

Enjoy!
 
i should totally set this up on my dads xp machine as a "birthday gift" his b-day is tommorrow and it would be hilarious to have him get on the pc at 5 in the morning with this on there.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top