So I was playing on the eGO dustbowl server...

Bobv2

I made one post
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1
...and noticed I was only getting about 20 fps. I had recently bought a new computer with savings, cost me a good $800. However, I've been having some speed problems, one's that I thought I had put behind me. Now, I get a solid 60 fps on Left 4 Dead, and over 100 in Garry's Mod. One of your members said with my rig I should be getting much, much more. So, here is my specs:

Motherboard: Biostar TP43D2-A7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz (A side note the processor is only running at 1.71 GHz for some reason)
RAM: 4GB (Only 3GB recognized, 32bit OS)
DX: 9.0c
Power Supply: I know this is a 500W, but I don't know exactly what it is. If this is possibly the culprit I will definitely find out.

Right now speed isn't a problem, but I was hoping this rig would last me, and with the speed right now it won't be long before I'm wading in syrup again.

Side notes: Video card was running burning to the touch, couldn't hold my finger on it for three seconds. I have a fan pointing directly at it, which keeps it much cooler, and touchable. I also notice a high pitched whirring coming from the video card when playing Garry's Mod or TF2, very loud, but not when playing Left 4 Dead.

If there is any diagnostic program I could run to make it easier to find a solution, I'd happily post the results. This is my first ever rig over $100, so one of your members said it's probably some stupid obvious mistake. Hopefully so.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top