FRAPS isn't installed but the counter still shows?

Syntax!

Poster
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
208
Yeah, I've uninstalled FRAPS but for some odd reason the counter is showing, and xfire can't hook into games because of it. Thanks in advanced for any help.
 
Sorry but I only got Xfire maybe go in your video options, I really don't know
 
The big goofy font in yellow? Have you checked your Add/Remove programs? Are the files still in the "Program Files" folder under the drive you installed it on? What processes are running?

Ctrl+Shift+Esc to show the Task Manager, then click the Processes tab.
Look for fraps.exe under the list.
 
Here's the creepy part.
The process isn't running (Ever. Displays in Photoshop and Dwarf Fortress, to) and there are no files in program files.
 
Hm, could be left over stuff from FRAPS. if you have CCleaner installed, try running that, it gets rid of leftover files after a program's uninstallation. if that doesnt work, try reinstalling fraps and then uninstalling it again, maybe it missed a few files. and i hope you have tried restarting your PC?
 
Back
Top