CPu tempertures in Summer conditions

chaosassualt

Famous
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
576
Well today is like a summer day like 90 degrees outside and 88 inside and i checked my cpu temperatures and it is really hot compared to colder conditions like 70 degrees F. The temperatures are 34 degrees C in summer conditions and 15 degrees C in colder conditions
that is a huge difference xP
 
I'm in a basement and I just built my PC in the winter so I'm pretty sure the temps won't go up far.
I have five fans, six soon, I plan to add more.
 
yes this is a good reminder to keep an eye on your temps as summers approaching i am sure we are going lots of error reports. Most of them will be answer with something like check your temps install more fans or some other type of cooling method to fix the issue. So this is a great reminder to keep an eye on them Thanks choas assault
 
Take the side of your case off if you are worried about the tempurature
It'll let loads of air into it... Just be careful though!
 
I live in texas and today the temp is going up to 95 today. the other day my computer shut off because it had a cpu temp of 86 degrees celsius. thats 186 Fahrenheit.

it would only get that high if I'm on a game and using the cpu

any ideas how to keep it cool?
 
HOLY COW KILLER! Dude invest in some water cooling or an Antec 1200 case. The best money you will invest in your comp is your case and the CPU cooler in Hot Climates. The 1200 has 6 fans in it and you can put another in the window so 7 fans really make a diff. When I was running air only, my ZALMAN 9700LED and my stock 1200 kept my comp very usable here in Texas ( I'm in Dickinson) I currently have the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima kit and it is very sweet. I dropped 15 degrees on my winter max tems and this summer is showing only 10 degrees so it was well worth the money.
 
Maybe the first thing that should be asked is what kind of CPU cooler people are using before recommending big money on water cooling. I live in Texas too... I have never had an overheat in my box and we keep the AC set at 78-80 during the summer... although I have an excellent air cooling case (Antec 900 with 3 Scythe intake fans, 1 Scythe exhaust and the big top fan), I attribute most of the computer cooling ability to the Zalman 9500 I have sitting on my CPU... combined with the Zalman VF700 on my 3870, I have never had heat issues.
 
I am also moving my old computer out to my garage this summer... an old P4 1.8A... since I know it is going to be hot out there, I picked up a Scythe Mini Ninja cooler for the CPU.... it is a beautiful piece and Newegg had it for ~$30 or so... good deal there for sure!
 
I die, the 9700LED is a sweet jump from the 9500. Worked on my OC'd 9950BE flawless in my smaller case and really did it's magic in the 1200.
 
gonna have to put the ac unit back in my window in my room when i get home. My pc heats my room because my room is so small. I have to have an ac in there or it will get to be 90 degrees inside when its 75 outside.
 
I die, the 9700LED is a sweet jump from the 9500. Worked on my OC'd 9950BE flawless in my smaller case and really did it's magic in the 1200.

My gripe about the 9700LED is the LEDs... I got rid of all the LEDs in my case because I didn't like them. At first I was a little worried abut the 9700 even fitting, but it would fit absolutely fine... :) better CPU cooling does wonder for the computer for sure!
 
Take the side of your case off if you are worried about the tempurature
It'll let loads of air into it... Just be careful though!

Generally this is better, but airflow is important too, you want the fanned air to actually make it to your stuff without escaping. I may try both tomorrow to compare, it's supposed to be about 80 which is pretty warm for spring here. I just have the stock AMD cooler on my CPU now, we'll see how that works out.

Trivia: We have no AC, but we leave the windows open at night with fans going in or out some of them which keeps the house cool most of the day during the summer. We're smart people :P
 
Last edited:
If you are going to take the side of the case off, you will want to direct a fan into the side of it... as air is suppose to FLOW through the case to cool stuff... I nice $10-20 fan from Target will move more air than anything designed to fit in the case... ;)
 
Back
Top