What do you miss about the original DoD?

sorry to be the bearer of dark burden but i never played it and where do i get it and is it free :)



no its not free but its only ?2.99 dirt cheap :D thats about 4 USD

just go to the store on steam and type in day of defeat in search bar
 
What i liked most about the original was the maps, which most where transfered over anyway, Avalanche for example, my favorite map.
 
i just about forgot about the british side...i miss the enfield most (from the british)...i was good with the K98...but i was scary with the enfield...
 
i miss everything in the original dod but most of all the grease gun! that was a classic
 
1 hit kills no matter what part of the body with k98

I, for one, do NOT miss that at all. I do miss rifle butting someone though.

Overall, I like the way the classes work together in DoDS better.
 
Oh man! Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years!

Reading this thread really did bring back some nostalgia.

Forget the name of most of the maps, but there are quite a few I wish I could still play.

I remember the paratrooper map with the glider, the fuel depot/truck map - loved that one. Theres a few that I thought were lost, but have been updated for source that I played a long time ago, but they're hard to find. Like the one with a bridge in the middle and a creek that runs under it from the left to right side of map.

As far as DOD:S updating the maps, like kalt, donner, and charlie, I can't really say they improved them.

I'll tell you what I don't miss, losing stamina when jumping! I'm glad they corrected that in source.

Heck, if there are any servers left I think I'm going to download it today, I'm getting teary eyed :w00t:
 
Nades used to be much more deadlier i think... The nades in source just seems weaksauce compared to the old ones... blehh
 
Deploy-able BAR and Bayonet on the k98 were two of the things I have never forgotten. There were also a few cool maps back then. I wish I could remember the name of this one I used to play non-stop....I seem to recall that it was a bit desert-y and "egypt" feeling.

I also have to admit that I miss the "where the heck is that sniper?!?!?!?" feelings before you'd get the kill cam shot after death. I spent SOOOO much time belly crawling in the old game. Now, I am hardly ever creeping around the map. It's just not necessary.
 
I miss k43, americans having weapons that don't suck, the british, the gritty maps (seriously, if 1.3 was saving private ryan, source would be shrek.) I guess i miss everything about 1.3. Source isn't nearly as cool.
 
Oh yeah, I also miss the graphics! Granted it was grainier, but it made it that much harder to spot people far away, which took more skill to kill.
 
The best thing about the DoD is that it's simple. Basic CS mod.
I love the de_dust2 map!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top