Favorite N64 Games

ZJXMaddog

Poster
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
221
Hey guys I searched and didn't see a topic like this so I decided to make one. What is your favorite Nintendo 64 Game? Starfox is my favorite.
 
Yeah Golden Eye rules this thread. :)

But a close second to me is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
 
Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye... has anyone tried Goldeneye Source yet? I've played the beta a couple of times
 
OoT is by far the best game ever made for any system anywhere at anytime.

Golden Eye was the best FPS until Perfect Dark came out, but they are both amazing.

N64 was my favourite system ever!
 
All of them!

At least, all the somewhat popular ones are fun; I don't think there are any N64 games I've played that I haven't had some fun with.
 
i actually pulled my n64 out and found how why i loved this system

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were tied for FPS
Ocarina of Time for Best Role Playing
Super Mario 64 for Adventure
Mario Kart 64 for Racing
 
You know what? Goldeneye is good, but its not as good as....

PERFECT DARK.

Seriously. Best console shooter evar. I think the only reason Goldeneye gets moar attention is it was so revolutionary for console shooters, but I think Perfect Dark.. well, Perfected it. I love Goldeneye but Perfect Dark will always shine in my eyes.

I also loved Vigilante 8. Sure, it didn't have the style of Twisted Metal but it was still fun :P Then there was Gauntlet Legends, StarFox 64, Mario 64 (Yeah, predictable I know but this is my favourite 3D Mario :D I'm also glad Galaxy went back to the 'format' a bit more.), Super Smash Bros. and Donkey Kong 64 (How come no one ever brings this one up? This game rules!) and Jet Force Gemini (Another one no one ever brings up that rules! Dammit Rare, give us a sequel NAO) and the Banjo-Kazooie games (You can tell I liked the N64 generation Rare games, but then again, who doesn't?) Mortal Kombat 4, Killer Instict Gold (There's Rare again. Seriously guys, ditch Microsoft and get back into stride!) and quite a bit more. That system ruled.
 
perfect dark was great, but it wouldn't have even existed if it wasn't for goldeneye
 
My top 5, in order.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Perfect Dark / Goldeneye
3. Mariokart 64
4. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
5. Super Smash Brothers

Honorable Mentions: Gauntlet, Vigilante 8 (1 & 2), Starfox, Super Mario 64, Wayne Gretzky's NHL Hockey, Winback: Covert Operations, WCW vs. NWO Revenge, and probably countless others. Let's face it, the n64 was an all around great system.
 
::offtopic:: wasn't the N64 kinda responsible for making it possible to play 3-D games on consoles...? I remember Super Mario 64 being kinda revolutionary as the first (of many) franchises to make the transition to 3D...till than you had to play FPS type games on the PC.

Why there wasn't a Metroid game on the N64 baffles me...

Anyways...back on topic ;)



I'll agree with most everyone else here and say:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
and
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
 
Goldeneye 64
Super Mario 64
Legand of zelda: ocarina of time
jet force gemini
Starfox
 
Last edited:
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 64

Have/Are/Will always be the best games for N64.
 
OSVGs Top 10

1. Super Mario 64- 120 fun filled stars.
1. Ocarina of Time- Put Zelda Franchise into 3d
3. Star Fox- Great!
3. Jet Force Gemini- Best TPS and shooter for N64
3. Pilot Wings- Amazingly fun
6. Super Smash Brothers- The fighting game for everyone
7. Diddy Kong Racing- Don't care what you say it was better than MK64 All day (Never could get TT)
7. Fzero X- Just as good as diddy Kong, less cartoony more difficult, BUT it was a destruction race.
9. Mario Parties- Mushroom Mixup FTW.
10. Paper Mario- :D

Honotable Mentions===> SW: Rouge Squadron, Poke'mon Stadium, Golden Eye, and Mario Kart


lil suprised people didnt say Poke' Stadium dont lie I know you all played it >: P (j/ks)
But No one played pilot wings i guess :E :E :E :E :E
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top