Can't use Shoutbox?

Spitfire'd

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,235
Hello,

For some reason I can't use the shoutbox. Every time I go to use it in firefox, IE, even eGO's toolbar module nothing happens.

To the best of my knowledge everything on my computer is up to date. I have no idea why it won't work and would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks!
 
^^ what frank said
the shoutbox works on Java, and if you have old drivers or none at all it won't work for you
 
Thanks for the help. I did need to update java. Unfortunately now that I have it hasn't changed anything. Is it possible I was deprived of shout box privileges? I can't think of anything that would have caused it but you never know.
 
Could you be more specific with "nothing happens?" Does the loading bar run indefinitely?
 
Could you be more specific with "nothing happens?" Does the loading bar run indefinitely?

I wish I could. The loading bar doesn't run indefinitely, everything seems to work fine. When I click "shout" my message disappears as if it's being shouted but never appears in the shout box. Oddly enough if I click "shout" again I even get the pop-up that says I must wait five seconds before posting again. However my messages never appear in the shout box. I hope that helps.

Also Frank, I checked my cookies and edgegamer cookies are enabled. They are tasty and delicious. If this helps I have also downloaded and installed the edgegamers toolbar (so nice and snazzy!) and it will not work from there.

The only other idea I can think of that might have anything to do with it is that I consistently come to the website from two different computers. My desktop from which all my gaming happens and my "work" laptop. Both come in from the same home network. Don't know if that helps or not but that's my best guess for what the problem may or may not be.

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it. Being able to use shout box is just a nice small perk and when it comes down to it I really don't need it to enjoy being in this clan. Dominion I can only imagine how much stuff you already do and I don't want you to feel obligated to help me out with this. Same for you Frank and Darkos. If it comes down to figuring this out or getting some game time in the servers, get the game time in and don't feel bad at all!
 
nah dude, we're always ready to help a fellow member with any such stuff!!

i know this might sound stupid, but d'you have the shoutbox in real-time mode?
 
I see the issue and am fixing it right now.

Edit: You should be good to go.
 
Last edited:
everything appears to be working. Thank you so much! Now if I could just fit an ibuypower computer into my budget I would be in Heaven!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top