GPU Fan

drbob

Poster
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
167
I just got offered a GPU (ATI Radeon X300 PCI-E) for free the catch is it has a broken GPU fan. The prev owner said he used to leave his case open and blow it with a window fan while he gamed. Thats not really an option given the size of my desk/room, and I don't want to do that anyways.

What could I do to blow cold air on the card thats power effective (by power effective i mean "can be run off my PSU" and "isn't loud enough to make me deaf")?

Any help would be appreciated as this is a much needed upgrade for me. I'm finally getting out of the PCI era and going into PCI-E, and YES I SKIPPED THE WORTHLESS AGP ERA ALTOGETHER. Take that silly corporate managers trying to steal my hard earned money :p.

(It should be noted, you can get pretty sophisticated / eloquent with your solutions, both my father and I are good with a soldering iron ;) )
 
alright, I'm assuming I should get the one with the fan ;p
Thanks ^^,
 
that too, or you can just get a slot cooler for the card. Its just its own stand-alone fan that sits in an expansion slot on the back of your card. It probably wouldnt be as efficient as anything, but would be cheaper
 
^ Agree with bobtheworm this should do the trick:


35-119-064-02.jpg
 

Latest posts

Back
Top