PCI Bus into a PCI Express?

GarrysModder

Poster
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
246
Well, right now I'm using my computer I've always used @ my moms, and sitting next to me is my 'new old' one that has a bad video card. In this comp I'm using, I have a FX 5500, that, looking in the device manager, uses a PCI Bus? (Location 1 (PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0))

I need help. On the 'old new' one, a T3104, I think it has PCI Express. Can a 'PCI Bus' card go into a 'PCI Express?' I don't want to mess up my computer by damaging the working card, but I do want to use my T3104 due to the fact it can run Source games. Please respond ASAP!
 
How can I find out if the T3104 has PCI slots or not? I tried google, and I can't find a 'hardware overview' of the T3104.
 
PCI Cards will not work in PCIE slots. They have different "Connectors" If you look at the connector on a PCI and a PCIE Card, You'll notice they are different, thus making them not compatible with each other.
 
the have differnt amount of connectoers and work in complety differnt ways
 
A T3104 what? Motherboard? Actual machine? You aren't clear on what exactly that is.

How old is this computer? If you got it before 2004, you don't have PCIe for sure.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I have some slots like that. Thanks a lot, Ima' get to workin, and hopefully play some Source tonight!
 
From the review link you posted:
http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/emachines-t3104/4507-3118_7-31556256.html?tag=mncol;psum
# Expansion Slots Total (Free) 1.0 ( 0.0 ) x Memory - DIMM 184-pin , 1.0 ( 1.0 ) x Processor , AGP 8x
You have an AGP slot, it doesn't say anything about PCI slots, however, I did a search on the MOBO, and it looks like you have 3 PCI slots:
http://www.legendmicro.com/store/5108_FIC-K8M-800M-eMachines-103534-Main-Board-103534.lmsp?RID=23
Your PCI card should fit in fine, but an AGP card would be better, and are usually pretty inexpensive, because they are old-tech.
Be sure to disable the onboard graphics and scrub the OEM graphics drivers with a program like Driver Sweeper (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655) before you install the new card and drivers.
Good luck!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top