Anyone have a GTX 275 Vid Card?

.[BORN]2kill

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 7, 2008
Messages
643
I just ordered this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130478&Tpk=N82E16814130478

=================================================


EVGA 896-P3-1171-AR GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Free Call of Duty: World at War w/ purchase, limited offer

=================================================

Does anyone else have the above card? I currently own a 8800GT. I am pretty stoked. Plus it comes with the new COD! It should be delivered tomorrow. Yay! :)
 
The GTX 275 can be used for more than just boring, old gaming.
You can make your own small contribution by helping people with ALS, Parkinson's, multiple forms of Cancers and other diseases by Folding (F@H: http://folding.stanford.edu/)
 
I just recently bought a GTX 275. Have it OCed to 700 Core, linked clocks etc. Runs pretty good.
 
For the people who have this card or better: Do you notice a huge difference from a 8800GT? (or similar)
 
Depends on what resolution you're playing at. At 1920 x 1200, the 275 pulls ahead. Your minimum frames per second will improve, which is the most important thing. You'll also be able to increase AA and AF levels, and generally increase the overall detail of games, assuming you weren't running them at 'high' quality on your 8800GT.

If you're stuck at 1280 x 1024 or below, then the differences won't be as noticeable until you bump the AA up to some ridiculous amount.
 
Pretty good card for a good price
Oooooh... you also get CoD5 for free with it
Good deal nevertheless
 
Nice card dude! :)
I just got my XFX 4890 today (which is pretty much neck and neck with the GTX275) so if its anything like my card performance wise, you'll love it :laugh:
 
should of got the GTX280 OC'ed version >.O much better performance imo

That card is $100.00 or more so i could not afford it :(


@Walmart - I cant get it in my case fast enough when it gets here!

@ Hardhat - I am running at 1680 x 1050

I will initially use L4D and TF2 as a comparison being I have played those so much.

Schwing!
 
OK, can I tell you all something? THIS CARD IS HUGE!! I have a full tower case and it barely seems to fit. If you have a mid tower case you will have problems fitting it in.

I think the card runs great. In TF2 I see effects I have never seen before. One of the most amazing effects i can see better now is the animation of the Medi-gun. It looks totally fantastic now.

The card is well worth the money and a worthy upgrade from my slightly aging GT8800.
 
Glad it worked out for you :D

I wont quite be upgrading to a 275 with my new computer, but i will be going to the 260 (core 216) so hopefully i can get something close to the performance you have :D
 
i need an upgrade.

Im still stuck in the AGP phases O_O

3850 though, not half bad... but still AGP.... so yeah...
 
BLEH i would never buy a 275 a 260 can be over clocked to be exactly the same card........

the 275 is like the GTS 250 the take a card rename it give it a little somthing extra i mean LITTLE and jack up the price so people will but think they are getting something better then the 260 but in reality its the exact same card with a different name....


i mean ya the 275 dose have 240 sp but 216 is sufficient

so basically you pain 100$ more for an extra 24 Stream Possessors

if i was you i would have bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150361

and over clocked it
 
Last edited:
Back
Top