CP_Blackmesa is Final

Hey is there anyway I can download it without doing it threough tf2? it doesnt work for me. usually i just plop it in my maps folder.
 
also, planeswalker is a super overpowered cheap card from magic the gathering. (answeing planeswalker's sig)
 
After looking at Blackmesa_Final I'm pretty disappointed. So I probably wont be on that server alot any more. Which saddens me. :(

Not sure why you reverted back to the T3 map. V7 was far superior in layout then T3 ever was. On T3 its hard to get around on the map. The vents arent connected. On V7 the vents were connected and you could get to any part of the map easily in the vents. You could get to either side without any difficulty.

I do admit it looks better. I never had any problems with the fps rates anywhere on the map so I cant tell if it runs better or not. But graphically it looks cool.

So good bye Blackmesa it was fun while it lasted... :(:(:(
 
Dragonhill, you did a fantastic job on the map. Though I still hate those auto-doors :P
 
You are going to have to find out for yourself.

Dragonhill, this is the best version by far in my opinion. Not too big, not too small, just right. The things I really like is the vent ramp, new spawn, and the fog on a. The music after someone is killed by the steve's is cool too. I also like how a is more playable on my computer. On v7, I had like an average of 7 fps when everything was going on(yes I have a bad computer), and on this final version i have about 15 or 16 average fps. Again thanks for your countless hours on the map, and I'm looking forward of people coming back to the server to make the rank go back up on the server tracker. :)
 
After looking at Blackmesa_Final I'm pretty disappointed. So I probably wont be on that server alot any more. Which saddens me. :(

Not sure why you reverted back to the T3 map. V7 was far superior in layout then T3 ever was. On T3 its hard to get around on the map. The vents arent connected. On V7 the vents were connected and you could get to any part of the map easily in the vents. You could get to either side without any difficulty.

I do admit it looks better. I never had any problems with the fps rates anywhere on the map so I cant tell if it runs better or not. But graphically it looks cool.

So good bye Blackmesa it was fun while it lasted... :(:(:(

sorry to hear that onslaught, but as i had discussed with ego council the v3 map did better than the v7

i have things i liked on v7 but the if the crowd wants v3, then v3 they get

~D
 
This is exactly what I had hoped for in the release of V7... there seem to be two different crowds... the V3ers and the V7ers.... and the V3ers just seemed to be more plentiful.... and this is very nice... harder to camp... and the vents aren't connected :D
 
Onslaught give final a chance. Play it for a week or two and you will be hooked. :D
 
I highly doubt that Goretex. Playing V7 all that time. Then playing V3 a few times before the final came out I realized how bad V3 was. Had nothing to do with game play or anything like that. Its just that its hard to get around on the map. Getting from one side of the map to the other is a very difficult thing. The vents in V3 have no real purpose as far as I can see. Since they arent connected. Maybe you should have just removed the vents all together?

I Remember the first time I played Blackmesa it was on V3. I kept thinking if only the vents was connected how much better it would be. Then V7 came out and that happened. I was so happy. Now its back to not connected. :(

Not sure what you mean I Die Often. Camping in certain spots is easier on V3 than it is on V7. On V7 there was a few ways to get to a certain camp spot on V3 theres only one. Over the one way door room is a prime example of this. In V3 theres only one way up to that point. On V7 theres atleast 3 ways to get to that point.

I agree with you Thereven i dont like the auto one way door either.
 
Thanks Dragonhill, your hard work is really appreciated. Played it last night and absolutely loved it, you are the man.
 
Not sure what you mean I Die Often. Camping in certain spots is easier on V3 than it is on V7. On V7 there was a few ways to get to a certain camp spot on V3 theres only one. Over the one way door room is a prime example of this. In V3 theres only one way up to that point. On V7 theres atleast 3 ways to get to that point.

I agree with you Thereven i dont like the auto one way door either.

There are at least three diferent ways to get up to the camping spot over the one way door in final as well as in V3... ask Iron Horse... I like to surprise him from time to time.

As for camping... I am comparing V3 to Final. The spawn exits in Final make it harder to camp spawn.

V7 had its nice parts (I liked the set up around A a little better in V7 because it was not quite so sniper/scout biased... and I liked the conveyor belts out to A. I did not like the set up at the final points as there were too many ways in (and the portal throwing you out sideways sucked... if it would have worn off after a little while it would have been cool... nothing sucked more than actually LIVING after a portal jump and having to play sideways for 5 or so minutes). V7 resulted in more stalemates than V3 did too. Playing for 45-60 minutes for nothing to happen gets tedious... the same complaints have been had at Warpath with the lack of sudden death.

Don't get me wrong... you will likely only find me in the BM server regardless of which version is playing... and a gentle rotation ebtween the two wouldn't neccessarily be bad, but for those of us that have played BM since the original version, this is the best version yet!

Give it a chance... play it for a bit... Blackmesa is like a rash.... it will grow on you! :O :P
 
Epic map. That's all that can be said. It's got more detail and general cool stuff than any Valve map ever, AND it's fun as heck to play. Kudos to The Maker!
 
Well my alltime favorite Blackmesa is still the original, but this is 2nd best :) I haven't really played Blackmesa since the original, but I'll probably head in there a bit more often now.

Great work Dragon, thanks for all your efforts
 
Just played it, it's awesome :) And on top of that I dominated Deja .. :lol:
 
Aye. Just got back from it. Just awesome, much more detailed than what I saw in the previous version. Made of win, will be going back later, definetely! Thanks and congrats to the maker! :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top