Got my XFX 4890 Xtreme Edition!!!

Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
2,454
Well my 4890 came in today :D!
I ran 3DMARK06 and my score went from 14,000ish to 18,640 :D!
And yes, I ran Crysis and my 4850 on all high got around 20 - 25 fps or so and my 4890 got 30 - 50 fps O_O :laugh:
And sorry, I have no pics right now. I use my bro's Canon 40D for my pics so I need to wait till I see him again.
 
Last edited:
Sweet! My GTX275 is coming in today so i will have to do a framerate comparison too. It costs some major $$ to keep up with video card technology doesn't it?
 
I so jealous... after I spent ~250 last year for two of the "hot" 3870s I've scarred myself from buying cards for a while.

Anywho, does this mean you can START PLAYING CS AGAIN? We should throw a re-welcome party in your honor.
 
I think it's overpriced compared to the small speed increase vs the 4870
 
Good to hear! Now get in eGO servers and test that bad boy out!
 
I think it's overpriced compared to the small speed increase vs the 4870

it's not so much that it's overpriced for the performance you get if you're buying a brand new card, but if you're upgrading from the 4870 you're paying a lot of money for a small upgrade. plus, the 4870 represents an extremely unusual value in midrange gaming cards.
 
•jv•;800297 said:
i think it's overpriced compared to the small speed increase vs the 4870

Bleh to you too!
....................................................................
....................................................................
....................................................................
....................................................................
....................................................................
....................................................................


Awesome wally! I want pics!
 
Last edited:
*Update*

For lulz I thought I would throw my 4850 back in and crossfire it with my 4890 and now its running even better.

I'll try to get some pics :)

•Jv•;800297 said:
I think it's overpriced compared to the small speed increase vs the 4870

I'm not beating myself up because of it :laugh:
 
Last edited:
So, im thinking someone needs to take and upload pictures... *hacking cough* You *Hacking cough*

so yeah. Anyways. NOWOOOOWOOWOWWOWOW
 
Very nice toy!!! Have fun and I still like the birds.
 
Copy cat.

You were in the same ventrillo room with me when I ordered my XFX 4890.

>_>
 
Enjoy. I have the Sapphire OCed 4890. It's a nice card - doubled my framerates over my 8800GT.

The Sapphire comes at 901MHz core, and I'm still playing with it, but it's running at around 950MHz stable. The ATI tool thinks it can do 976MHz, but it can't. Oh, and my RAM won't go past 1000MHz really.
 
:D

so, making you all jealous. I saw it today. In person. Its sexy.

Wally, since i have seen it, you wait. Dont post pictures. keep them waiting :D
 
PICS!!!!!!

and im jealous, can u send me some $$$$ so i can get one?


pretttttttyyyy plz!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top