Basically, Frontlines is not at all playable online for me. When I play LAN games or Online games, my CPU pegs out and runs at 100%, regardless of the graphical detail. I cut down on everything, including some of the CPU related settings.
I do have a joystick, and I thought it was causing the problems, but I unplugged and uninstalled and it's still the same. For anyone that needs to know, I got the game through Steam. I was having the same problems (but nearly as severe) on a Win XP machine that has about half of the performance as mine.
My machine should be able to destroy this game. What gives?
Specs:
Core 2 Duo, E7200 @ 3.6 GHz
4 GB gskill DDR2 800 MHz
ATI Radeon 4850
Windows Vista Home Premium 64
Latest drivers (everywhere)
The machine that beat mine:
Athlon 64 x2 4400+
2 GB of the cheapest RAM I found laying around
ATI Radeon 3650
Windows XP Home
Latest drivers
I do have a joystick, and I thought it was causing the problems, but I unplugged and uninstalled and it's still the same. For anyone that needs to know, I got the game through Steam. I was having the same problems (but nearly as severe) on a Win XP machine that has about half of the performance as mine.
My machine should be able to destroy this game. What gives?
Specs:
Core 2 Duo, E7200 @ 3.6 GHz
4 GB gskill DDR2 800 MHz
ATI Radeon 4850
Windows Vista Home Premium 64
Latest drivers (everywhere)
The machine that beat mine:
Athlon 64 x2 4400+
2 GB of the cheapest RAM I found laying around
ATI Radeon 3650
Windows XP Home
Latest drivers
















